Search Unity

Interaction system like Resident Evil has

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by TahunTheCreator, Oct 22, 2022.

1. TahunTheCreator

TahunTheCreator

Hello!
    Im studying Game Design in Berlin Germany and i now in the 3rd semester. We are having a project going in which we make a 3D game using unity.

I would like to recreate the interaction system that resident evil uses
    Examples :

In these you can see that there are things you can interact with and it will do this camera movement to focus on the object. I would like to use this method to lets say interact with a window and then the camera focuses and maybe zooms in a littlebit so the player can look trough it this way.
    I want to use this method since we are not meant to make a character or any first person animations - visibile hands. I found this way of interactions fit the best for our game idea.

Question now:
    Is there any tutorials on this kind of interaction? I already have a interaction system but i now would want to add this camera focus/zoom to it. Im still learninig unity and since my researches didnt get me any further in this case. Any kind of help is appreciated , links,vids,explanations or even just ideas on how this could be done.

Thank you for reading and i hope some can help me with my idea.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

You will want to read into Cinemachine since it will do this kind of camera animations a lot easier. Any Cinemachine tutorials should help you get an understanding of what it can do, and from there it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to setup and switch between FPS and target focus camera. I believe CM can also blend between two virtual cameras to get a seemless transition every time you do that.

TahunTheCreator likes this.