Search Unity

Interaction Kit - Pro Tools To Make Any GameObject Interactive

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by melgeorgiou, Feb 16, 2018.

1. eggeuk

eggeuk

Hi Mel,
    The link for 'Documentation' doesn't work, neither on Asset Store nor on your Website.
    Best regards.

2. eggeuk

eggeuk

You said that 'New Input System' is on your wishlist too.
    Can we aspect an new version of Interaction Kit in the next times?

3. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @eggeuk

Thanks for reporting this, I'll double check the links! In the meantime, you can download the PDF here!

Yep, I'm in the middle of a huge MeshKit update right now and InteractionKit's update is scheduled for soon after. Hopefully in the next couple months if all goes well! :)

Hope that helps! :)

- Mel

4. qcrocknet

qcrocknet

Hello, this asset seems very interesting. But just to make sure, will this work without any issues with Playmaker? I guess I can call FSM/States with it? Thank you very much

5. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @qcrocknet,

Thanks for your interest in InteractionKit! :)

Yep, it should work with pretty much everything. If PlayMaker works with UnityEvents ( it should! ) or SendMessage you shouldn't have any issues.

- Mel

6. qcrocknet

qcrocknet

Thank you for the very fast response! I am adding it to my cart ;-)

7. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Awesome, thank you! :)

- Mel

8. eggeuk

eggeuk

Using Interaction Kit with Player and some interacting NPCs?

I'm thinking about using IK for more than one Player.
    Player and some NPC are walking around. With the help of IK they all are scanning their environment and Interaction is reacting if some of them is within the trigger field. It's just the way as user with one player would do.
    Is this possible?

Of course time tuning should be done.
    This means that player and NPCs are using different timing setups for reacting to Interactions. And that means we need two or more Interaction Setups.

Another example could be, we have an Player and a kind of controlled 3D-Cursor, my be a cube, for selecting elements of a 3D-Menu in world space.The cube can be directed from menu element to another and interaction reacts.
    Do you see a way how this can be done?

And one more. If I have two scenes, each with its own Interaction Setup. And then the second scene is added to the first one.
    Are both interaction setups working as I am expecting?

Thanks for your help.

9. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @eggeuk,

Apologies for the delay in replying over the weekend and thanks for your interest in InteractionKit! :)

InteractionKit is typically designed to be "player-driven" and should only use 1 InteractionKit "Setup" per game ( or at least, per level ). In other words, interactions are designed to be activated by the player by default. You can certainly expand the system yourself so that your own NPCs are "interaction aware" so to speak, but that largely depends on what you're trying to do.

For example, imagine a simple IK interaction for a door. You trigger the interaction and the door either opens or closes. If you want the door to open if the NPC is near it, this can easily be added by writing your own small "OnTriggerEnter()" script and adding it to the interaction object. This script could then check for your NPC that entered the zone, and then tell interactionKit to run the interaction code using the API. So yes, in a sense, this kind of thing can be done if you use the right approach and with a little bit of work on your side ( that small OnTrigger script which is super easy to make :) ).

I'm not 100% sure I understand your second example, but if you're asking whether you can call an "Interact" method on an interaction via script, yes you can :)

As for merging scenes, you should only have 1 InteractionKit Setup so you should make sure this is always the case. However, adding new interactions into the scene should be detected by InteractionKit automatically so that part should work fine.

- Mel

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  10. eggeuk

eggeuk

Many thanks for your answer, I have to think about it.
    Have a nice day.

11. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

@eggeuk,

No problem! :)

You too!

- Mel

12. Artini

Artini

Hi,
    I have just bought your excellent kit and I have some newbie questions for you.
    I am building a simulation game and I need to accomplish the following:
    1. Pick up the tool from the desk
    2. Using that tool pick up another object
    3. Place the object into another prop with holes (that is located also on the desk) and drop it there
    4. I need that the object sits exactly in the hole (the hole could be positioned at the angle)
    Could you please point me in the right direction about how should I proceed.
    I would like to use your kit with the third person controller.
    Have a nice day.

13. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @Artini,

Firstly, thanks for purchasing InteractionKit :)

Could you please send me a PM / email with your invoice ID and we can delve a little deeper :)

- Mel

14. Artini

Artini

Hi @melgeorgiou ,

Thanks for the response.
    I have sent you a PM.
    Cheers

melgeorgiou likes this.
  15. Artini

Artini

Many thanks for the answer.
    I have PMed you even more.
    Cheers

melgeorgiou likes this.
  16. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

INTERACTION KIT V3.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Hi everyone, InteractionKit v3.0 is now available on my site and soon to be released on the Asset Store!

What's New:
    • Fully supports Unity's new Input System as well as the default input system.

• Included demos automatically switch between default and new input systems.

People who have purchased this plugin at my site can download right away. The asset store version is awaiting approval and will hopefully be available soon

IMPORTANT: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR PROJECTS BEFORE UPDATING!

Thanks to everyone who has supported InteractionKit so far!

- Mel

17. photoshy87

photoshy87

hey mel really stuck on something I've set up a camera ray trace event. what i want to do is when i point cross hairs at the interactive object and click it i want to either move the character/camera to another specified location or switch to another camera/character placed in the second location. i don't know anything about coding beyond a little visual scripting if that is what is required

i am really stumped

18. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @photoshy87,

That is a little bit out of scope for InteractionKit support as it is to do with scripting something else, but please send me a PM with your invoice ID and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction :)

- Mel