Search Unity

Interaction Kit - Pro Tools To Make Any GameObject Interactive

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by melgeorgiou, Feb 16, 2018.

1. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce Interaction Kit, soon to be released on the asset store!

large_image_template website_PNG.png

About Interaction Kit v1.5

Interaction Kit is an innovative and powerful system to handle practically any kind of interaction in your games. It is possible to build interactions with the kind of depth you’d see in popular RPG games. Anything from simple door triggers, switches, complex quests or even non-linear conditional speech can be built with InteractionKit’s incredibly easy to use visual logic system. The UI is powered by a very flexible editor that allows you to customise the placement, appearance and effects of your interface.

Interaction Kit has everything you need to make any GameObject interactive in a matter of minutes! The friendly editor allows you to choose from 8 RayCasting techniques that cover the majority of game genres as well as offering unprecedented control over collisions via a mix of layers and game tags!

Finally, the real power comes from the Interact editor which allows you to easily create conditional events just by pointing and clicking the mouse. Each event can trigger a wide array of built-in actions and you can even trigger external scripts! Maybe you want to create an interaction on a door, but only have it open if you acquire the key? Perhaps you want to build a conversation with an NPC that is different depending on the progress the player has made? All of this and more is possible with InteractionKit, the all in one power house of developing interactions!

Features
    • Make any GameObject interactive!
    • Powerful, easy to use editors!
    • Easily build Conditional Events for any interaction!
    • Events can trigger a wide array of Built-in actions!
    • Actions can call external scripts!
    • 8 Customizable Detection Modes to cover most games!
    • Setup obstacles based on Physics Layers and Game Tags!
    • Easily Customizable UI!
    • Custom Event Actions for LDC Plugin!
    • All 4 Tech Demos Included!
    • Detailed PDF manual!
    • FULL source (No DLLs!)

Introduction Video

Find out more about InteractionKit in this short video:

Promo Images

Find out more about InteractionKit in this short video:

InteractionKit - Promo 1.png InteractionKit - Promo 2.png InteractionKit - Promo 4.png InteractionKit - Promo 5.png

Tutorial Videos

Complete Walkthrough videos here:

> Tutorial 1 - Basics (22:12)
    > Tutorial 2 - Detection Modes (10:29)
    > Tutorial 3 - Building Interactions (17:05)

Documentation

Take a look at the Interaction Kit manual here:

> Documentation (PDF)

Release / Price

The system is pending approval on the Asset Store. It will be launching with a 33% discount and selling for $50.

Thanks for your interest! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

- Mel

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. sicga123

sicga123

Hi Mel
    Am I right to assume that this will work out of the box with LDC and the meshkit?

4. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi sicga123,

Yep, they're all compatible with each other!

InteractionKit also has special custom actions just for LDC users too! :)

- Mel

5. sicga123

sicga123

Hi Mel,

Ok, good to know. I'll get a copy at the weekend, assuming the discount lasts that long.

6. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi Sicga123,

Sounds great! :)

Yep, the discount will be good for a while!

- Mel

7. Weblox

Weblox

Instabuy!! Really like the interface again. The discount is not active atm?

8. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi Weblox,

Glad you like it! The current price is with the discount. The full price will be similar to LDC.

As is the case with all of my assets, you can expect the same level of support and quality you're used to! :)

Hope that helps! :)

- Mel

Weblox likes this.
  9. Weblox

Weblox

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response! I will get it while the disount is active...

10. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Awesome! :)

- Mel

11. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Can I use it for games that interact with objects like the Sims game?

12. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi Cartoon-Mania,

Ah, that is a good idea! I'm guessing you mean triggering interactions by pointing / clicking the mouse on objects?

This should be pretty easy to add, I'll have it in an update ( v1.1 ) within a week! :)

- Mel

13. unicat

unicat

Couldn`t resist. Having them all: Playmaker, Gamemaker.....etc. Thought i would never buy another one, but this looks to cool. Great work.

14. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Thanks unicat! :)

- Mel

15. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

UPDATE:

As suggested by Cartoon-Mania, I've already got the internal algorithms working for mouse hover / click interactions, I'm going to make a new tech demo for that too and update the plugin in the next few days! :)

- Mel

16. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

INTERACTION KIT v1.1 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Good news everyone, InteractionKit v1.1 is now available on the Asset store (and my site )! :)

Here's what's new:

- 2 New Detection Modes: "Mouse Raycast 2D" and "Mouse Raycast 3D". This is great for point and click style games! (Thanks to @Cartoon-Mania for suggesting the idea! ).
    - Audio improvements, quick audio fade-ins with a second audio source for transition audio.
    - Fixed a bug where a custom icon would sometimes not appear.

There is also a new tech demo to showcase the new "Mouse Raycast 2D" mode:
    > 2D Mouse Point & Click Demo

If you have any questions, feel feel free to ask! :)

BTW: A big thank you to everyone who has purchased Interaction Kit already! If you've found it useful please give it a good rating in the asset store as that helps to bring in new users which helps me to keep adding cool new updates. It's a positive cycle! :)

Cheers!

- Mel

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  17. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Thank you for your prompt response. I would like to make another suggestion. It is a little complicated. Let's say that I selected training in the pie menu. There are several treadmills in the game. Treadmills differ in price. And there is a treadmill already in use. The character chooses a treadmill that no one else uses. Then choose a high-priced treadmill and exercise. It is an example of the Sims I said.

If such a feature is added, I will buy it immediately.

18. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi Cartoon-Mania

Interaction Kit can facilitate all of that but it can’t build all elements of your game I’m afraid.

Generally speaking, interactions happen at the object level. So for example, Interaction Kit can make your treadmill interactive ( or any other object ). When you click on your treadmill, Interaction Kit can then figure out which treadmills are available based on the conditional events that you build and tell your pie selector what to display using that workflow. During that process it’s up to you to build the rest of your game’s mechanics.

Interaction Kit can act as a great framework to make all of your objects interactive and to also help separate what should happen with it’s easy to use conditional events.

However, in the Interaction Kit workflow, it would make more sense for the treadmill to show options for which of your other sims can use it, rather than showing other treadmills. What you’re trying to do doesn’t sound like it’s on the Interaction object level but rather a system wide level, so that specific action is probably better served with a custom script.

... At least for right now, anyway :)

Hope that helps!

- Mel

19. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi Everyone!

INTERACTION KIT v1.5 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Good news everyone, InteractionKit v1.5 is now available on my site and is waiting for approval on the Asset Store! There's lots of cool new features so let's explore what's new:

Local Variables!

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 12.49.03.png

Every Interact component now has 10 local integer variables that you can use instead of PlayerPrefs to handle conditional events. This means that setting up NPC dialogs and simple scene-based conditions is WAY EASIER and you can even look at the values in the Editor while the game is playing to more easily see what's going on!

This means you can build conditional events like this:

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 14.03.36.png

As you can see, Local Variables can be used in pretty much the same way as PlayerPrefs! :)

Local Variables Actions!

We've also expanded the interaction actions section to allow editing local variables! You can set, add, subtract of even randomize local variables like this:

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 12.48.35.png

As you can see, local variables are a super easy way of setting up conditional events without saving data between levels. This gives you an easy way to keep scene data and global data separate! :)

... But there's more! :)

Unity Event Actions!

In addition to the SendMessage actions, Unity Events are now implemented to allow you to connect to other scripts using Unity's built-in Event system!

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 13.13.25.png

I'd like to thank everyone who has purchased Interaction Kit already! If you've found it useful please give it a good rating in the asset store as that helps to bring in new users which helps me to keep adding cool new updates like this. It's a positive cycle! :)

Cheers!

- Mel

Weblox likes this.
  20. Weblox

Weblox

Again great job! These new features look quite handy. To get the best out of it, newbies like me still would need some in-depth video Tutos, also and especially covering SendMessage and Event actions (also for LDC).

Thnx and keep up the good work !!

21. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @Weblox !

Glad you’re happy about the latest update!

Did you watch the latest interaction kit tutorial video (building interactions)? I believe some of the SendMessage stuff was covered there :)

If you have any specific questions about any of that feel free to ask!

- Mel

Weblox likes this.
  22. RendCycle

RendCycle

Is it possible to select more than one object before a particular event is activated? But the maximum limit of objects that can be selected depends on another factor like an Item equipped by the player.

23. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @RendCycle,

I'm not exactly sure I understand what you're trying to do. Specifically, I'm not sure what you mean by "selecting objects". In any case, I'll try to help! :)

The easiest way of getting Interaction Kit to run a very complicated function is to use either the SendMessage or UnityEvent actions to trigger some code you've written elsewhere in a script.

On the other hand, depending on how things are setup you can do it all visually from the Interaction editor itself. If you have a PlayerPref setup called "IsItemXEquipped" whenever your player equips item X, then you can easily check this using the built-in visual editor when building your own conditions. Don't forget you can have multiple events on the same interaction which allows you to have different actions depending on specific conditions.

Hope that helps! :)

- Mel

24. RendCycle

RendCycle

Thanks for the reply. I watched the videos but could not find an example of group selection. To clarify, I mean would this work to let's say a similar behavior of group selecting objects that can be interacted in a strategy game (i.e. Warcraft, Company of Heroes, etc.)? Like mouse dragging or Ctrl+clicking over those target objects before clicking a button to fire an event (i.e. shoot those targets, move those targets, etc).

25. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @RendCycle,

Ah, I think I understand what you mean now.

Currently, interaction kit is designed for the player to interact with a single interaction at a time using a variety of techniques that makes it suitable across game genres.

The mouse interactions in IK are limited to single clicks at the moment, not group selections with the mouse. So clicking on a unit in a strategy game is possible to "select" them but not drag and drop functionality for multiple units.

I'll need to have a think about if and how something like that could be integrated in future and add it to the wish list.

Thanks for the request! :)

- Mel

26. RendCycle

RendCycle

Alright, thanks again! :)

27. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

No problem! :)