Search Unity

Interactable = true doesn't change button color

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by chainsawpenguin, May 23, 2017.

1. chainsawpenguin

chainsawpenguin

I have a button, and it correctly knows under what conditions it is (and is not) interactable. However, when it's interactable, it is not changing the graphic on the screen. In other words, it remains "greyed out" even when it's interactable.

Is there some other step I should take in my code to make the graphic go to normal brightness other than:

RPGButton.interactable = true;

??

2. Otto_Oliveira

Otto_Oliveira

I'm having the same issue, but on the opposite side. Button doesn't change to disable color state color when setting to interactable = false

3. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Check two things:
    - The color multiplication between the Image component color and the Button state color;
    - If there is a CanvasGroup component in any parent of your Button.

Color
    Check the color scheme you are using for the Image component and the Button component.

Button's color transition uses color multiplication to apply the color according to the state. It may be that the color you set for the Image component does not visually change when multiplied to the state color that the Button transitioned to.

Best behaviour is to set the Image component's color to White RGBA(1,1,1,1) and set the colors you want it to look like in the Button states: Normal/Highlight/Pressed/Disabled.

CanvasGroup

You may have a CanvasGroup in a parent of the Button that is setting interactable to False. Therefore, all Interactable children are being disabled.

kulpajj, ow3n, roointan and 1 other person like this.
  4. Otto_Oliveira

Otto_Oliveira

Hi Henrique,
    thanks for the tips, but it's none of above. On my case it's due I'm using an extended button component and wasn't calling a base function to get the update status of the button.

Thanks

henriqueranj likes this.
  5. diegohartmann

diegohartmann

Check if the 'target graphic' from the button component is the same gameobject as the button gameobject itself

6. Kolichikov

Kolichikov

Thank you! I was having an issue where hovering over one button would make a different disabled button look normal, and this was the issue (I had copied the button component values).

7. turbolek

turbolek

What function was it? I have the same issue. Tried base.OnInspectorGUI(); in custom editor script, but it doesn't do the trick