Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Intense Third Person Shooter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by techcloud, Jul 22, 2015.

1. TalhaDX

TalhaDX

I am stuck with this issue, if it is that easy than plz help me get out of it

2. f1chris

f1chris

New release is out now , maybe it will help solving your problem !!

TalhaDX likes this.
  3. techcloud

techcloud

SetupAndUserInput script replace line 438 with this :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. else if (!CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("Throw") && !CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("RightSide") && !(/*FirePress || */SprintPress))

TalhaDX likes this.
  4. TalhaDX

TalhaDX

Which line ..?? see my code:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  // determine touch area & see if mouse movement should occur
    2.             if (CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("Fire"))
    3.             {
    4.                 FirePress = true;
    5.                 canGetXY = true;
    6.             }
    7.             else if( !CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("Fire") && !CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("RightSide") && !SprintPress )
    8.             {
    9.                 FirePress = false;
    10.                 canGetXY = false;
    11.             }
    12.             else if (CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("RightSide") && !CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("Fire"))
    13.             {
    14.                 canGetXY = true;
    15.             }

5. techcloud

techcloud

I was talking about 1.05 version.

6. TalhaDX

TalhaDX

My project is complete, and not updating it for this project.

All gun jerks a lot and bullet was spreading all over, is it fixed in new version

PS: I used your given line and it is fine now. THANKS

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  7. techcloud

techcloud

Glad to help.
    Weapon spreading may be different for different platforms, even if it uses delta time, weapon parameters must be altered by testing them for that spesific platform.

8. TalhaDX

TalhaDX

Walking issue has been resolved but this one still remains, as you said it is easy to handle please help it out as well.

9. techcloud

techcloud

Sorry I misunderstood...
    Find the lines starting with :

Code (CSharp):
    1. // determine touch area & see if mouse movement should occur
    2.             if (CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("Fire"))
    in user input script.
    And set canGetXY to false for the next few lines.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    TalhaDX likes this.
  10. TalhaDX

TalhaDX

I figured out why my cover system is not working. When i import the package it gives following error

Assets/EleganTps/Scripts/StateMachine/CoverEnterSMB.cs(3,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Experimental' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I am using Unity 5.1.1 f1

Commenting this line does work the game but cover system don't work.

//using UnityEngine.Experimental.Director;

11. techcloud

techcloud

12. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi techcloud,

I have had a look through the demos for this asset and it looks really good, great work! I have noticed that on your blog you have "advanced climbing" listed for version 1.6/1.7. Are you still planning to add this into this system? What kind of features would be included in advanced climbing?

Also for the cover system, are you considering to add cover switching and moving around corners while in cover? This would be great functionality which I don't believe other TPS assets have.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Hamesh

13. techcloud

techcloud

Climbing is still on my list.In fact, I was working on it for a while some time ago. But it is not finished. I will try to finish it later.
    I am aware of that the cover system needs some improvements. That will be done later(I really want to do that). After my plans which are Ai and climbing.
    Currently I am defining an improvable and flexible(that can be used with any type of enemy) ai system. Actually,I have finished defining system and I am developing soldier ai with it now.
    If you want to know more about ai system, you can ask.

14. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

I currently do have an AI solution, but I am curious as to what you are planning for the new climbing system, and I suppose the cover system at a later time.

15. f1chris

f1chris

You're free to do whatever you want, it's your asset afterall but I agree with @Hamesh81 . I also have my AI Solution and maybe it would be more productive to create integration points with other AI solution than re-inventing the wheel. Your AI is simple to use and easu to config though. But in my case I would like to see a finished Cover and Climbing system first.

I'm trying to convert your 3rd person view to a topdown view. Pretty much everything stays the same except camera and shooting. I'm not too concerned with camera, your TPS camera is good and flexible enough to do the job. But struggling a bit converting the shooting to a single plane. In a topdown, the vertical angle always the same. Conceptually it's simple but I'm wondering if someone having an efficient solution to that issue ??

thx all !!!

Hamesh81 likes this.
  16. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Just another quick idea; perhaps a melee attack would also be appropriate, since most modern shooters have some form of either melee or takedown move for up close encounters.

techcloud likes this.
  17. techcloud

techcloud

Well I would like to help you about converting it to top down shooter. In fact I was thinking to release top down version of the asset. (or relase with the same asset). I still do actually, but I agree with you. Climbing & better cover should be first...
    No worries...After the next update, I will start to improve climbing&cover.

About shooting the direction you want,
    Firstly -you need to rotate character to the mouse pointer.
    Secondly -Character should always fires to forward direction of its transform.
    (for second step) You need to modify target logic script(to properly position firereference), tps cam script(to properly position the transform named target).

18. f1chris

f1chris

thanks...I'll start to play with the target logic script first and see how it goes.

May be back with few more questions ;-)

techcloud likes this.
  19. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi @techcloud how is everything going with this great asset? Any new and exciting updates to share?

techcloud likes this.
  20. techcloud

techcloud

Since you have asked...
    I have developed an ai system by taking jeff orkin's Goap ai notes as reference. Then I have build shooter AI using that system for unity. Before Integrating everything to EleganTps I have decided to release it as a new asset for now. So I am waiting for unity approval for that asset.
    So the plan is , if it is approved I will integrate it into EleganTps( next update.) Currently I can't tell an exact day for the next update though because of some other work I have this month (in fact that is the reason I couldn't release next update nowadays).

You can check out the ai system here if you like - skip to 04.00 if you only want to take a look at shooters. (You may need to check how goal-action ai planning works to understand some infos on that video)

21. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

That looks very interesting. Will there be an action/goal for using cover?

22. techcloud

techcloud

well I hope so :)

redchurch and Hamesh81 like this.
  23. f1chris

f1chris

There's a major issue with new 5.4 beta 21. Just tried a fresh new project and import of ElegantTPS and still the same problem. Easy to find out, all the weapon Aiming alignment are reversed. Try any weapon you'll see the problem right away.

It's fine in beta 20. Anybody tried with beta 21 and having a clue for the fix ? This is really a show stopper.

Thanks in advance !!

UPDATE : fresh import in the Beta 20 seems to produce same results.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  24. TechSins

TechSins

Hey just got your new update , it's amazing so thanks for putting loads of effort into it , now i have a question , i was wondering if you could show or tell me , how would i get the weapons i have on my player to appear on his back or pistol on his side as if they are holstered.

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Does the asset come with the NPC AI that is shown in the video?

26. TechSins

TechSins

Yes it does

techcloud likes this.
  27. techcloud

techcloud

It was available but removed for now. Actually It is very easy in theory. You will choose a bone to attach weapon to (set weapon as bone's child gameobject), then you will need to set local position-rotation to a fixed value. That value can be different for different characters though.
    If you decide to implement that logic, I can try to help you.

28. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

I was going to purchase this but with the latest update I really don't like the system anymore, especially how the player UI looks. Looks like i'll probably be skipping this one over.

29. redchurch

redchurch

Maybe throw in a short bit in the manual how to make the UI into a static overlay? I think "How to change X?" will be the most common type of questions. The documentation covers some of those things but not the UI.

30. techcloud

techcloud

2D UI alternative was on the plan for this update but I've decided to delay it to next update bc of time.

Check Canvas3D component to modify UI position. There are way too many parameters to explain in the project. You can ask me any questions though.

31. redchurch

redchurch

I managed to work around the worldspace UI and made a quick guide for anyone else who was interested in doing this.

pushingpandas and techcloud like this.
  32. EvilGremlin

EvilGremlin

Any word on the demo?

33. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

redchurch likes this.
  34. TechSins

TechSins

Hey techcloud sorry for that long reply i was busy , but yeah if you could help me implement the weapon holstering that would be great :)

35. techcloud

techcloud

I've checked some new games lately and decided to change weapon holster-pullout logic. I am thinking to change pullout & holster logic and make it completely automatic with some modifiable parameters (next update). I hope that is okay with you guys.

If you want special behaviour, you need to explain it detailed and I will see what I can do to help.

36. simactiongames

simactiongames

Hey! We're thinking of integrating this in our mobile games. We work on Action games and were looking for something like this. I'd like to know if there is a mobile controller in it; if not can it be easily done?

37. techcloud

techcloud

There is a full functional mobile control rig prefab in the project. But you can use your own control rig with the project if you want to.
    If you need help with using your own control rig, you can contact me with a mail.

38. lolclol

lolclol

any chance of making a video tutorial on how to change the character ?

39. techcloud

techcloud

I will add some useful tutorials with next update. I can't nowadays, as I ve no time.

40. witcher101

witcher101

Is this assest compatible with photon networking??

41. arnesso

arnesso

Is there any chance to integrate with Inventory pro, dialogue system ? :)

frbrz and EvilGremlin like this.
  42. EvilGremlin

EvilGremlin

If this had inventory pro and dialogue system integration it would be an instant purchase for me. Even now, the GOAP is enticing.

frbrz and arnesso like this.
  43. arnesso

arnesso

I have started working on Inventory pro integration, I am doing fine, but i am stuck
    @techcloud , I would need help to figure out where can i find that code section, which enables the WEAPONS ?
    Or where is that part which is handle the next weapon function, i cannot find reference for the holster stuff( this can be the Use ,enable ), or Nextweapon .
    Thank you :)

44. frbrz

frbrz

Same here :D

45. rbm123

rbm123

No video Tutorials about working with package?

And how can I make zombie with your AI?

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  46. Michealunity

Michealunity

I want to buy this package but i need to know some details before, is possible to implement melee combat ,bow ,crossbow and knife?

47. techcloud

techcloud

I am doing the best I can to make the next version easy to improve with new features if needed,with v1.1 you can have hard times doing that though.. There will be enough examples for you guys to learn how to add your own systems without thinking about conflictions with other systems. I will also upload some videos about it.

48. rbm123

rbm123

please someone make a video tutorial for importing new character

49. Reiner

Reiner

Hi plant you multiplayer for this kit?

50. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

Intense TPS does not work properly in closed dungeon type env. it shoots properly but hands are aiming wrong direction also player is looking in wrong direction.