Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Intense Third Person Shooter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by techcloud, Jul 22, 2015.

1. techcloud

techcloud

Intense Third Person Shooter v1.3

Project is back and now better than ever.

Complete rework of Player and Shooter AI with the new generic character controller structure

- Physics based Locomotion System without root motion
    - Modern Cover System
    - Generic Gear System, gears are controlling the characters
    - Weapon and Throwable Gear Systems
    - Inventory System
    - Modern In Game HUD and Player Menu
    - Complete Goal Oriented Action Planning system
    - Various Character Control Systems
    - Intense Shooter AI v1.3

Asset Store Link

Facebook Page

Demo (Windows)

ChangeLog V1.3 (Main Changes)

a-Goal oriented action planning

-Goap logic of AI is much better now.

-All of the actions,sensors,systems etc. are improved.

-Planner chains actions starting from Goal conditions now. This gives much more flexibility to planning...

-Actions can request different preconditions according to agent’s conditions at the actual planning time, they can also -store imformations at planning time and then can use those informations when the action is activated if they exists in -the final plan.

-Planner can chain all kinds of actions if requested while planning and more than once if needed. This behaviour is used on GoTo action of AI agents. There is not enough action to showcase this for now though but you can take a look at the action scripts to get the idea of the new planner action chain logic.

-Runtime cover checking sensor is available now.

-Enemy sensing is much better now with the new enemy manager sensor.

-Some sensor-action etc base classes implemented to help developing new ones easier.

-Blackboard is improved & used more efficiently

b-Subsystems

-Character control systems are redefined now and completely reusable.

-Throwing and weapon systems are defined by using these controller systems.

-Seperating them from one another opens up many opportunities. You can create new character controlling mechanics just by reusing them.

-Usage of those systems can be described with a basic example from the project:

-If a character wants to aim weapon, weapon's character driver (also new feature) asks various controller systems for new controller objects it needs, like look ik controller. Then it says that character should look at enemy or forward by using this controller.

-So by using look ik character control system, you can create new behaviours like looking at friends, points of interests etc.

-This kind of behaviour was started to be used in the previous versions but now all of the systems are seperated and redeveloped for flexibility & reusability.

Some of the character control systems are :

-Gear manager

-Weapon manager

-Throwable manager

-Capsule collider manager

-Cover manager

-Locomotion manager

-Animator layer weight manager

-Limb ik manager

-Weapon & throwable managers are just modified versions of the new base Gear Manager system, this system is defined to make characters use different types of weapons/throwables etc. simultaneously. Even superpowers can be implemented with the new gear system when the need arises.

-You can discover more about the new gear-character-control logic by checking the weapon/throwable driver scripts.

-Basically you can define all kinds of different character controlling gears by implementing new gear(weapon,throwable etc.) drivers if you need. When you get the logic behind it, the things you can do with it, is unlimited.

-Locomotion manager is not using root motion now. It works smoothly both for input and navmesh and very easy to change locomotion behaviours at runtime with its controller object.

-Complete new third person camera with camera manager to use like any other overridable system

-New automatic player cover mechanics

-Player menu manager with system override samples

-New player item collect manager

-New user input with key action binding capabilities

-New screen space crosshair

-New player world collectable icons & tips

c-General

-Environment tagging is better now. Its using unity scriptable objects.

-Character objects like weapon grenade bullet etc, are have item id’s now and all of them are instantiated at runtime by using their item ids.

-Scriptable object instantiator window is more generalized now as there are much more scriptable objects you can use.

-Weapons & throwables are reading character positioning data from xml files now. New scripts are defined to help you make the new characters use available gears quickly and save everything at runtime.

-AI Debugging scripts are improved, and new ones added.

d-Inventory System
    -New inventory system is available with save load capabilities

-Inventory item editor helpers

-Player 3d world menu and item menu tab

-Player 3d world in game hud

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. jonmalave

jonmalave

Seems pretty cool! but where is the playable demo so we can actually test this out before buying it?

3. techcloud

techcloud

I am working on some new features right now. I will consider adding a demo after that.

4. jonmalave

jonmalave

Consider...? I would say it's a must if you want some good sales on this asset. Everyone wants to demo a product before purchasing it. So make sure you add Webplayer or WebGL Demo. As I for one would not purchase it without a demo, and usually skip every asset that does not provide one. I'm pretty certain i'm not the only one especially with the many assets that have made it's way on the asset store that were either stolen and repackaged, or simply not good quality.

5. lazygunn

lazygunn

To be honest webplayers are problematic as its really quite easy to disassemble them and rip the content, so i don't hold it against any asset dev if they arent willing to make webplayers

However, well produced, concise and complete documentation and tutorials in video form explaining every aspect of what you're getting is a thumbs up

techcloud likes this.
  6. jonmalave

jonmalave

So whats to stop someone from buying the asset stealing the code, repackaging it and selling it elsewhere?
    It's much easier to steal a product by simply paying for it if someone really wanted to steal your work. What's the point then of selling a product if you going to waste your time worried about people stealing it?

If you want to protect your work, you trademark/copyright it. You see someone who stole your work, then your take legal action. Not publishing a Web player or WebGL is going to eliminate the risk of someone stealing your work. If I really wanted to steal your work, why would bother disassembling a Web Player Build if I can just buy it and get it that way?

@techcloud Well good luck to you then if you decide not to provide demo product. Last I checked all best selling Assets have a Demo. Like UFPS: Ultimate FPS https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2943, best selling Game Kit there is on the Asset Store making thousands of dollars per month i'm sure, I don't see them worried about someone stealing their work.

techcloud likes this.
  7. techcloud

techcloud

@Kuroato I didnt say that I wont provide a demo. I'm just trying to provide some other core features that tps games needs to have , at the moment.

8. lazygunn

lazygunn

Erm.. if you wanted to pirate the asset you'd buy it? Never mind, this isn't the place for such a debate, I'd just like asset makers to take better care of their hard work, I'm happy to explain how when not in someone's product thread

Good luck with your asset and be sure to make good documentation and api reference etc available online as that's a much better yard stick than 'look at a type of game you can make with some of these features' kind of demo

techcloud likes this.
  9. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

hm many sames with tpsa i see...the cam distance on the video in aim modus is to near and on sliding.you see on sliding not the char.hope you will more work on your asset as other peopel on tpsa.

10. techcloud

techcloud

I couldnt understand sorry, but almost everything is customizable via inspector including camera, if that's what you're telling...

11. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

yes that i mean :D

12. jonmalave

jonmalave

OK, I'm only responded based the fact that you said you'll consider it, which means your on the fence about it. I'm just trying to help that's all. You have lazygun supporting the idea of no demo, since you liked his comment i guessed you might go down that route. But anyway it's up to you... I've made and continue to make a decent amount of monthly revenue from my assets, and i'm almost 100% sure it due to the fact that I provided demos for everything.

Nothing provides a customer with more confidence in your product than a quality demo, otherwise they are purchasing something blindly. Even if someone does not buy it after demoing it, you still have potential to gain some feedback from them to improve it. So it's a win regardless. It's better to have feedback, than a bunch of angry customers after they buy something they were never really certain works the way you advertise it. Then you get instant bad reviews... bad reviews equal less sales obviously.

Having a great demo is 50% of it I feel, and having good documentation and video tutorials is the next 50% to help really sell your asset well.

Or don't listen to me (a current asset store author) and follow lazygun, and hope for the best. He seems to be suggesting you forget the demo, and just worry about good documentation. You need both.

13. lazygunn

lazygunn

This is silly, a dev can create a demo if they want, im not disputing their efficacy, more the fact that you should, if youre going to make a webdemo, consider what you include.. for all the successful asset guys ive known, ive known a lot more get burnt

I personally see demos as a bonus, but i will make my decisions based on what i percieve to be a level of support and information - i.e. video tutorials, video demos, online documentation and often general warm regard by others. There are assets i have or intend to have based strongly on the positive views of forum users who really do know something good when they see it, stuff like the whole behaviour designer/node canvas/dialogue/lovehate interaction is a great example of good authors working in synergy and it speaks volumes for the quality of their products

I've been in positions where a demo has been misleading or irrelevant to my uses as they dont tell me nearly as much as some action videos and an api reference will, but still, if you make demos, and as you are an asset author too, observe some of the systems some guys on the store have that make them very resilient to piracy, its quite ingenious and if you want my thoughts on it you can ask in pm, out of respect for those asset devs who have had the foresight to implement these measures i wont go gabbing publically about it

Oh and as a sidenote, i think webgl is great, and is going to be significant (ive already been messing around with webvr a lot) so good on you for working with that

techcloud likes this.
  14. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

A demo is never really all you know he muss.Wenn in the demo a Plane as underground use shows that far from how the player moves in the terrain. Most people see a video and then want to have it bring purely their own business. See TPSA, it also has no demo and more than once was sold ... I think a good documentation and someone who stands fully behind its work and it continues to operate and it is worth expanding more than a demo.

And by the way Kuroato, your demo in AssetStore does not work, but also brings the player to the directory tree, nothing more. ;)

techcloud likes this.
  15. jonmalave

jonmalave

LOL! Pandur1982 did you bother to click in any of the folders to access the demos? They are named (_demo) after all, anyway I'm having an issue with my domain I have to rebuild somethings, but all demos are still accessible.

Overall guys, what we are discussing here is perspective based on experience. From my experience and understanding of the Asset Store Market, most Sales comes from New Developers. Any well experienced game developer today would code their own game, or create their own assets from scratch, and on some occasion use other assets sparingly as needed to speed up certain processes or development time.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the sales on the Asset stores are generated by noob developers that don't really understand how to use Unity to begin with, or people looking to prototype something quickly. The 10% that purchase from the asset store maybe are some serious developers, and usually are the easiest to deal with in terms of support.

90% of support emails i receive are from people who don't know the basics of how to use Unity. And that's OK, because Assets are great for people to learn from or try to begin building a game with. Usually these people want to see a working demo. So i guess the main point i'm trying to get across, is that @techcloud 90% of your sales will most likely come from nooby developers. Third Person Mechanics, any experience game developer can do this on their own and most of the time would much rather work with their own code base than some one elses code.

So if 90% of your sales may come from new developers, it's going to be expected of you to provide a demo otherwise your sales may suffer. Especially being that there are two other TPS Kits already both providing Demos. And yes @lazygunn a Demo is not everything, he's going to need to actually do alot more esppecially going up against the other two TPS assets. Now i just discovered one of them has Multiplayer Support!

Hint: Maybe you should add Photon Cloud Networking Support.

16. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

techcloud Stay cool, TPSA I myself and to be honest it's not just what to make with the asset on its feet, problems are the support and the AI at the time. In addition, you will only put off for the purpose of updates, the other TPS controllers, I know only from the TPSA thread and how to read because he will probably be worse than TPSA, but as I said do not know the.

I think if you there's a decent AI with pure bring the works as well and maintain your asset are doing and supportet you people are the Bude break down, it's been so Kuroato, most buyers in Asset Store have not a clue sometimes just a TPS Controller to build and are glad when they get does take it off most things.

The best is you look just check out the other TPS controllers assets threads here in the forum to build and the one what people want and what you can implement.

Good luck: D

techcloud likes this.
  17. masterofimps

masterofimps

Id be very tempted to purchase, but Id second the calls for a demo! At the end of the day, a video may not represent the end product very well.

18. techcloud

techcloud

let's not rush things, I'll consider making a demo after 1.01 update. In the meantime, you can ask if there is something you want to know.

19. masterofimps

masterofimps

Sure, any idea when a 1.01 version will be available? Also, it looks good by the way! (Hence the interest :))

20. techcloud

techcloud

It's almost over. I just need 2-3 days and I will upload. You can expect unique cool features.

jayglossy and Pandur1982 like this.
  21. jayglossy

jayglossy

cool!
    Really looks promising

techcloud likes this.
  22. Benjaben22

Benjaben22

Looks really good! But I'd like to see a demo as well before buying!

techcloud likes this.
  23. techcloud

techcloud

thank you, I will make a demo, probably next update.

jayglossy likes this.
  24. jayglossy

jayglossy

Hi
    will u be making a video to showcase the features of the latest update.
    keep up the good work!

techcloud likes this.
  25. techcloud

techcloud

Now I'm working on 1.02 update. If you ask me, the best side of 1.02 will be updated movement system. It will be like the one used modern tps games. for ex: witcher 3 type movement controls... I will also make a demo since people want to try it out before buying.

jayglossy likes this.
  26. jbooker410

jbooker410

This looks great. Like the demo. Really interested in it. Only thing is I read the only comment on the asset store. It states the demo was broken and hard to set up. I watched you videos and looks easy enough if the code works right off. Also the only playable thing I would suggest the ability to jump and climb up the wall with weapon still in hand. I need that for my project. If you could respond to assure me that the project works and if there is a simple way to modify to climb with weapon. Thank you.

Mihai77 likes this.
  27. techcloud

techcloud

I've read that comment now. I dont know why he thinks that way. If he would just write a mail I would solve his problem right away. And I always import and give it a try to my uploaded packages if it works or not and then I upload it. Example scene works out of box. About climbing with weapon, yeah that is not hard to solve. I can do it for you, if you want it.

28. jbooker410

jbooker410

Hey thanks for the replay. Sounds great. Will pick it up in the next day or so. I tell you. I have bought Tpsa and TPC. Tpsa had great promise but the developer is flakey. TPC is awesome but the animations are not good. If you could add climbing ladders, vaulting, and swimming. Maybe bending down to pick up items less important but more realistic. In my opinion you would have the best controller on the asset store. Just think grand theft auto. That's what most people are looking for in a controller. If you can mimic that as close as you can you cant go wrong!

29. jbooker410

jbooker410

Oh and one more thing that could give you a one up. Grand theft auto like auto aim to the nearst enemy. No one else has tried it. Comes in good with a lot of enemy's in a chaos situation.

30. techcloud

techcloud

Hey thanks for your feedback jbooker410. I do appreciate it. Your suggestions are noted.
    Climbing-vaulting etc. I can work on those logics. It shouldnt take long to add them(thanks to unity's new mechanim system and unity's clean-short scripting capabilities). I can't be sure right now but I think I can add some of them in this update & some of them next update. I haven't announced plans about next update but I've already started working on it. Currently, about next update, my priority is enemy ai.

jayimagination likes this.
  31. poison77

poison77

Nice asset. When can we expect Enemy Ai ?

32. jayimagination

jayimagination

Just wondering if I purchase this asset, could or would someone be willing to help me achieve what was done in this video.
    Maybe even the author of the asset could help?

Please send me a message if interested

techcloud likes this.
  33. techcloud

techcloud

I will announce update plans in blog in a day or two. I am trying to add many new features. I think update will be out in 1-2 weeks.

34. jayimagination

jayimagination

I can't wait to hear the annoucment!!

35. jayimagination

jayimagination

Is there an announcement today?

36. techcloud

techcloud

yes. I will write on blog.

37. jayimagination

jayimagination

Oh cool..I seen the blog update..I'm looking forward to the update. Hopefully I'll get it before the update but it maybe around the time!
    I have two quick questions and two request, first can the camera be parented to other body part? For example the arms, or hip...
    Second, is the first person look camera, the same as a first person camera mode?
    Request..
    First will multiplayer be added?
    Second, maybe add the ability to throw or trajectory meter to throw objects?

38. techcloud

techcloud

Parenting camera to other body parts, it is not a good idea and I dont think there is a third person game that works that way. We dont want everything to be animation depended, do we?
    Yes first person camera 'look' camera will be available. For now it will only be look camera. About movement with fps cam I make no promises.
    Multiplayer & other things may be added on later updates. No plans for them now.

39. f1chris

f1chris

any ETA for the 1.04 update, been submitted for approval ?

40. techcloud

techcloud

It's finished. I will try to upload it tonight. I think it's well worth the time.
    There are far more features added than plans. Only delayed update plan is enemy ai and that's just because I want it to be more advanced and flexible.

41. jayimagination

jayimagination

Will there be another video showing off the new features? Me personally would like to see the fixed camera used along with the other features :)

42. techcloud

techcloud

Even better, I will upload demos

43. f1chris

f1chris

Calm here before the 1.04 storm !! ;-)

- Bullet trails now available and 2 different trail logics&prefabs added

Can you elaborate a bit on the differences. I tried the demos but I can't see what the logics are like.

thx

44. techcloud

techcloud

oh, Two logics, I am not talking about shapes or graphics, one with the rigidbody, and other with code guided. There is not a weapon uses rigidbody logic in demos. It is just an alternative way to define bullet trail logic and I wanted to include both.

45. f1chris

f1chris

oh ok I see. I guess 1.04 should be out soon ?

46. montyfi

montyfi

How easy will it be to add axes etc. into your system?

47. techcloud

techcloud

It's waiting for unity approval, should be up in a few days.

It's easy to add melee weapons but there are not much melee animation available. Melee system is there to show you a starting point (for now) to define your melee animation submachines. Melee system will be improved in next updates if you guys ask.

montyfi likes this.
  48. blackbird

blackbird

i didn t saw any video about the melee system here

techcloud likes this.
  49. techcloud

techcloud

I have some plans for melee system with unity's some new experimental mechanim libraries. but for next update an advanced enemy ai is the first plan.

50. f1chris

f1chris

1.04 is out. Bumpy cliff scene not working at all

edit: sorry but your upgrade is really buggy !

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
unityunity