Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Intellisense/Autocomplete not working at all

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by leeham9, Jan 16, 2019.

1. leeham9

leeham9

Hi,

I just downloaded 2018.3, with the Tiny Build preview package and I seem to be having issues with intellisense. Just to test, I created a C# script and tried fiddling around in that and intellisense worked perfectly fine, but when I create a new TypeScript System or Behaviour, and start coding intellisense doesn't work.

I'm running Windows 10, and using Visual Studio 2017. I saw another thread where a user was having a similar problem, but they were able to fix the problem by getting rid of the sample projects. I attempted the same thing, but it still isn't working for me.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. IJhunter

IJhunter

I use Visual Studio Code and it works fine. Why not give it a try? (I never tried Visual Studio 2017)

leeham9 likes this.
  3. NiallT

NiallT

Yup. Unity themselves recommend VS Code, and I think it’s specifically because of autocomplete.

VS Code is free anyway, and it’s a lot quicker to start up, which is a bonus if you’re only going to be making small changes and closing it again.

leeham9 likes this.
  4. leeham9

leeham9

Wow, uh, I swear I tried using VSCode last night and I was still having Intellisense problems, but as soon as I booted things up this morning with VSCode, Intellisense works!

I'm not entirely sure what changed from last night to this morning, but I'm relieved it works. Thanks IJhunter and NiallT!

IJhunter likes this.
  5. meebou

meebou

wow, i never knew about VSCode and that it is free. so wasted money for buying visual studio actually :-(

omg, just installed it. autocomplete does not work correct...and where is intellisense?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  6. reallyhexln

reallyhexln

meebou, I have just checked - autocomplete works fine for me.
    Please check you have opened project folder in the vscode (this is a folder with tsconfig file), otherwise the autocomplete won't work.

UPD: also check you have development / debug mode in the project settings. Otherwise, the debug won't work too.

raymondyunity likes this.
  7. meebou

meebou

sorry, for my bad language ;-P i found out that there was a problem like ".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version" ...so i needed to install this. now everything works like charm. :)