Search Unity

Intel Realsense Camera input for ParticleSystem

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Voronoi, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Voronoi

Voronoi

I'm trying to use the Intel Realsense 415 camera as an input texture for the ParticleSystem. The goal is to Emit from only 'near' objects. I have been able to set a texture through script, but only the first frame emits. I can see the stream updating on the ParticleSystem tag, but not the emission.

I believe the issue is that the texture is a stream, and not written to disk. The advice I've seen for using streaming textures to drive a particlesystem shape is to make sure the texture is set to 'Read/Write' in the inspector. Since the texture is not saved to disk, I can't do that.

Has anyone had some experience with the Realsense in Unity that could offer some advice?

The BackgroundSegmentation Scene in the Intel Unity provided wrapper does exactly what I want - isolating foreground objects with a clipping alpha, but I cannot get that into the Particle System either. I'm pretty sure the effect is from the shader attached to the Raw Image anyway.

I've also been able to loop through the vertices from a mesh that's rendered and placed a particle at each spot, but the performance is not great using that technique.

2. DevonBowers

DevonBowers

Hi Voronoi, I was wondering if you ever got this working?