Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 crash

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Immu, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Immu

Immu

Hi,
    Got this big game I'm working on for some time (I don't really have an quick example project to repro the issue).
    So context:
    I've been transitioning on LWRP and unity 2018.3 beta for this later year but one of my users (out of 50) is getting a crash, but without any informative log (the output_log ends without any relevant information).

As he's using an Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 and that I've seen most of graphic crash happening on integrated graphic cards, I wouldn't be surprised if it was linked to that.

The game freezes for a second, and closeright after the game finishes loading the big game scene (after the light main menu scene which is working fine) .

My guess would be some RAM or buffer limitations, but I'm surprised about a lack of any kind of log error (as there usually indicators if it's memory issue for example).

I've also seen in the forum some past topics talking about issues on 520. What I'm wondering the most, is why I don't receive any crash information in the log.

Computer caracteristics:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (ID=0x1916)
    VRAM: 4188 MB
    Driver: 23.20.16.4973

Thanks

Note: as the whole thing works on my main menu scene, I've also tried template LWRP project on 2018.3.b6 and there's no issue on that.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Do you know if a crash.dmp file is being generated, if the game crashed? I believe on Windows it's located at:
    Perhaps it provides some insights.

Immu likes this.