Search Unity

Integration with Unity Ads

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Mikea15, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Mikea15

Mikea15

Hi!

I'm currently using UnityAds and GameAnalytics for my stats. How does UnityAnalytics compare to GameAnalytics?

Also, does UnityAnalytics automatically integrates with UnityAds? That would make me switch right away :)

Thanks.

2. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hey Mikea15,

From what we've heard, GameAnalytics has built a great service, and we encourage developers to use the tools that are the best for their needs. What I will say is that Unity Analytics is part of the Unity family, and our team is here to provide the best service possible to the Unity developer.

As we were developing the current dashboard, we chose to prioritize certain features (such as Funnel Analyzer) based on feedback from Unity developers, and we intend to keep listening to the Unity community to help us improve our product. So, if there's something that GameAnalytics (or any other analytics tool) does really well that we should be aware of, please let us know!

As for Unity Ads, we do have plans to bring all the services together under one unified homepage in the future - so stay tuned as there are a lot of exciting developments ahead :)

Thanks!
    -Angelo

3. Mikea15

Mikea15

Well, I'll use Unity Analytics so I can have everything in the same place. Just wanted to know if that was part of the plan. I'm sure Unity will catch up to GA pretty quickly. ;)

4. awang

awang

Hope for an early realization of Unity ads.

5. sschan

sschan

Hi awang,
    Thanks for your feedback. We'll keep the community updated on what develops but this is on our radar.

6. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

I agree, this will probably be the game changer needed for people to switch from GA to Unity Analytics. I know it will definitely make the switch a no brainer for me.

7. johncturiya

johncturiya

Unity Technologies

@johnsteinberg @awang @Mikea15
    Thanks for the feedback. There are plans in the works to bring together reporting for Unity services including Unity Ads and Analytics. This will happen incrementally over the next couple months.

One question as our teams think about the integration - was it primarily reporting that you'd like to see integrated or were there other features you'd like to see cross service (such as targeting ads to only certain segments of players that you set up in analytics?)

8. Mikea15

Mikea15

I think the main advantage would be to have both dashboards on the same website, since Analytics and Ads can go hand in hand. Cross reporting one with another would also be nice.. So we can check play stat vs income stat