Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Integrating unity's WebRTC client with a media server

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by PurplePineapples, May 9, 2022.

1. PurplePineapples

PurplePineapples

Hi all, I was wondering if someone has managed to set up the webrtc plugin to work with a media server(SFU/MCU) to facilitate large group calls. I've looked at server software like Janus, Kurento, Openvidu and Jitsi videobridge but I find it hard to judge their compatibility since I'm pretty new to webrtc. The examples they provide are mostly web-based applications, which is why i wonder if some can only be used with front-end software from the same project (like jitsi Videobridge and jitsi Meet.)

I did find this unity SFU integration, but it seems to use a different webrtc plugin than the one provided in the official unity package.
    https://github.com/shiguredo/sora-unity-sdk
    Any tips or help is much appreciated :)

2. kannan-xiao4

kannan-xiao4

Unity Technologies

We haven't provided it as our sample, but we provide the basic functionality needed for WebRTC, so if you signaling it correctly, you can send and receive video.

In other words, it is necessary to implement the same thing as the SDK provided by JS on the Unity side.

3. bartix96pl

bartix96pl

It works well with OpenVidu (with kurento media server underhood), like @kannan-xiao4 said you have to write your own client for OpenVidu(handle rpc messages) in Unity.

4. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

I have never heard the SFU service OpenVidu yet. Thank you for tell us!
    It would be great if you share our community how to integrate Unity and SFU service.

5. dipak_unity777

dipak_unity777

We did something similar, and have developed unity native plugins for Android/iOS which are built on the Jisti Architecture. You can check out the docs at docs.sariska.io

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022