Search Unity

Integrating Unity IAP Purchasing and Apple Content Hosting

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by mcgovern, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcgovern

mcgovern

Hello,

My game uses the Purchaser script to integrate IAP for two non-consumables. When it comes to submitting to Apple, there's an option for having Apple host your content. I don't have any servers dedicated to handle purchasing/restoring of purchases, so I selected the 'Apple Host Content' option, which then triggered a 'Waiting to Upload' state for my IAPs. I can't find any documentation on this anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here has some insights and experience with this. My question is two fold:

1. Using the Purchasing script method (outlined here:
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/ads-analytics/integrating-unity-iap-your-game), do I need a server to handle anything on the backend? If not, then it sounds like I don't need to select 'Apple Content Hosting'.

2. If the answer to #1 is 'Yes,' then what do I need to upload to Apple for review, since everything seems to be handled within the contained game? Any insights on the process would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

3. Starbox

Starbox

Bumping this thread. One could reasonably ask, truly, what is the point of having Apple host the content for non-consumables since they're supposed to keep the receipts of all past purchases. Shouldn't checking the receipts be enough?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Why the bump? I agree, it doesn't make much sense. By "hosting", they mean you can download images or other binary content. I've never heard of any customer doing this, you instead would want to unlock existing content already within the binary of your game, no download needed.

5. Starbox

Starbox

The universe has its mysteries! It also happens to be the first thread I got after a little engine search. :)
    And that my friend is what I'd call useful information. I've seen other devs here and elsewhere who are not familiar with iOS' IAP system and this could prove useful to them. Mostly indies who are not going to host any content on any server but, on the contrary, have all the game's data (items) on the device only. Such options thrown at you can be confusing if not worrying if one doesn't know what it means.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So you are offering information instead of asking a question (a bump), so I wasn't sure. But keeping the receipts would not be enough, my friend. You still need access to the download location ("hosted content") if the user wanted to install on a second device for example. Hosted content could be a PDF that is made available for download, for example. You might not want to embed a PDF in your game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.