Search Unity

Instantiated PreFab with TextMesh Pro is not showing

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by allpublic, Jun 16, 2021.

1. allpublic

allpublic

Hey guys,

I found a behavior that I don't understand.
    I have a GameObject with some child GameObjects. Like SpriteRenderer and TextMesh Pro. If I use this as PreFab and just put in the scene it works well. The text ist visible and it works as expected.

If I Instantiate this PreFab as a new clone, the text is not visible. It's visible in scene but is not rendered in game.

What I tryed to figure:
    - I compared the GameObjects but couldn't find any difference.
    - I upgraded from 2021.1.5f1 to 2021.1.11f1
    - Tryed to rebuild the setup in a new project but couldn't recreate the issue yet. I didnt add all functions yet.

Here is the script for instantiating:

Code (CSharp):
    1. GameObject mushroomObject = Instantiate(mushroomPreFab);
    2.                 mushroomObject.GetComponentInParent<Transform>().localScale = new UnityEngine.Vector3((votedStatement.age + 1f) / 5f, (votedStatement.age + 1f) / 5f, 0f);
    3.                 mushroomObject.GetComponentInParent<MushroomBaseScript>().setPosition(new UnityEngine.Vector3(x, y, z));
    Anyone has an idea? Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-16 um 22.17.30.jpg

2. allpublic

allpublic

I figured it out:

Code (CSharp):
    1. mushroomObject.GetComponentInParent<Transform>().localScale = new UnityEngine.Vector3((votedStatement.age + 1f) / 5f, (votedStatement.age + 1f) / 5f, 1f);
    I setted 0f for z axis. Because TextMesh Pro is a 3D object is also need a depth. So it has to be > 0f for z axis.

3. adrianwong135

adrianwong135

for the gameobject with the TMPro attached, does it have a parent class with a canvas component when instantiated?

Niter88 likes this.
  4. maochemike

maochemike

it didn't work for me , I have the same issue and I did increase my z-axis to 1.

5. Niter88

Niter88

The text needs to be inside a gameobject with a canvas component, it also needs to be positioned inside the canvas.

Try to do a prefab of a canvas containing the text instead