Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Instantiated objet doesn't recognize keyboard, dragging and dropping does

Discussion in 'Input System' started by JagGentlemann, Nov 12, 2023.

1. JagGentlemann

JagGentlemann

Hi, I was using an old Unity and Input System version and just update to 1.7.0. The problem is that while the gamepad works overall and the keyboard works for the UI Action Map, it doesn't work for the Player Action Map. I noticed that in the Player Input component, the Device section is empty, which is also the case on the old version of my project, but there it works fine.

I'm using the Player Action Map for a cursor on the character select screen, and the same happens. The thing is that if I drag and drop the cursor prefab into a running scene, or if the prefab was already there, the cursor works, and the Device slot has Keyboard:/Keyboard.

So what could be the issue here? I would like to update the input system before I start with the remapping menu, and would also like the option of updating Unity so I don't have the splash screen on my game. I already tried remaking the Action Maps from scratch but the issue is the same.