Search Unity

Instant Preview with AR Foundation

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by afw3000, Dec 14, 2018.

1. afw3000

afw3000

Hello,

I've been working on converting my existing AR app from the ARCore/ARKit plugins over to AR Foundation. The conversion has been pretty straight forward, but the one feature from AR Core that I really need for development is Instant Preview.

If I add the ARCore session script to the scene, as well as the background renderer, I am able to get instant preview to connect and the editor receives the camera stream just fine. The only problem is that the tracking isn't working.

I assume that there's some code in place in AR Foundation that prevents it from running in the editor, but I haven't found anything that would override that behavior.

Has anyone else had luck running instant preview with AR Foundation, or running a virtual AR environment? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. lukasz_pasek

lukasz_pasek

Unity Technologies

3. afw3000

afw3000

Thanks for the link @lukasz_pasek. For the most part the remote tool works great, but I am getting an error every time I try to do a raycast

Is this something that's still being worked on? Are there any workarounds I can use in the editor?