Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Instant Preview compatible with Google VR SDK v1.70?

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by mertlow, Jul 26, 2017.

1. mertlow

mertlow

I'm trying to create a Daydream project using Google VR SDK v1.70 and Instant Preview, but it does not appear to work the same way it did with the previous Google VR SDK. When I import Instant Preview into the project, I receive the following errors:

Assets/GoogleVR/Scripts/Controller/Internal/ControllerProviders/EditorControllerProvider.cs(31,47): error CS1061: Type `Gvr.Internal.EmulatorControllerProvider' does not contain a definition for `SupportsBatteryStatus' and no extension method `SupportsBatteryStatus' of type `Gvr.Internal.EmulatorControllerProvider' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/GoogleVR/Scripts/Controller/Internal/ControllerProviders/EmulatorControllerProvider.cs(24,9): error CS0535: `Gvr.Internal.EmulatorControllerProvider' does not implement interface member `Gvr.Internal.IControllerProvider.SupportsBatteryStatus.get'

Is Instant Preview not compatible with the most recent SDK?

2. stanlographics

stanlographics

There's a few changes the GVR SDK made which the currently released version of Instant Preview doesn't support. We're trying to get a new version of Instant Preview which will be compatible out the door as soon as we can though.

3. mertlow

mertlow

Good to hear! Thanks for the reply!

4. Bonfi_96

Bonfi_96

Waiting for this too! Just got started with gvr sdk!