Search Unity

Instance

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Finjitzu, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

$Instance1.jpg

A 2D puzzle platformer where players shoot seeds which spawn different instances. More details and a longer trailer coming soon! For now check out the teaser trailer.

http://youtu.be/qv4nMgS_3yU

$Idle.jpg

I'll be at Unite in Vancouver this week, if anyone wants to check it out drop me a line here or at my website!

This is actually the spawn of a game jam I was in last year. Been slowly hacking away at it for about a year now.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. Foestar

Foestar

Awesome job with the art style. Very unique. :cool:

3. TheRaider

TheRaider

I agree, im not sure exactly if it would be fun to play(the teaser is confusing) but it certainly looks awesome.

4. Music-Vortex

Music-Vortex

Looks very interesting, is the gameplay going to be similar to "The Swapper"?

5. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

Thanks, lots of people are digging the art, which I'm really surprised about. Yeah the mechanic is similar to Swapper, which is a complete fluke. I came up with the idea from the GITHUB game off, https://github.com/blog/1303-github-game-off. It needed to include: forking (or forks), branching (or branches), cloning (or clones), pushing/pulling. There is no swapping in the game, you always play as your source clone (although I did have it in there at first, I removed it cause I though it was too easy :p).

I'll have some more details pretty soon, maybe next week. Just gotta find time to write everything up, take screen shots etc... Probably a new trailer at the end of the month.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

Bumping this old thread. Lots has happened in the last 6 months. Game is done! New name (Instance was taken :()

Ready to launch on iOS and Android, I'm gonna start sending out promo-codes tomorrow to websites.

But yeah what a job this was, testing, coding, fixing bugs, starting a business, website, online forms, friends breaking it, fixing more bugs, so much work! But it's rad. After first downloading Unity (3.5ish) after PAX 2011 and teaching myself the ropes (very very slowly). I'm FINALLY going to sell something...it's so weird. Definitely been fun though.

Lots has changed from that first teaser trailer. Cut features that I had in there just cause it would've taken too long to design levels, I'd still be working on it. It's a different kinda game, no meters to fill or upgrades/bonuses to unlock. It's really just about the puzzles.

Got a bunch of screenshots and art work at www.finjitzu.com/instantion-info

So yeah crazy stuff! I'll have some more videos to show soon. I got four lined up, two tutorials, a control demo and a launch trailer. Gonna roll them out semi regularly till launch.

See ya later!
    Travis

ps Here's my 'Killed' box art I made today: