Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Unity on macOS Catalina

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nickrapp, Jun 3, 2019.

1. andrews_unity

andrews_unity

Unity Technologies

When you load the hub up it asks you for a licence but you just sign in and select personal version of unity and it will run fine this is just a new work flow you don't need to purchase a license.

2. saad3gggame

saad3gggame

Sir With Due Respect Unity 5.6.7 and all unity 5 version are not compatible with MAC Catalina ?Is their any solution for unity 5 Developers ? Since huge developers still uses unity 5 ,When Upgrade on unity 2017/unity 2018 ,each project physics Disturbes ,hope you can understand,Make some Update in unity 5 So it runs on Mac Catalina, Even Empty Projects are not working on Mac Catalina. Regards..

3. MoranGlobo

MoranGlobo

Thanks! An easy workaround that solved it for me.

4. andrews_unity

andrews_unity

Unity Technologies

Sadly the issue here is macOS dropped 32bit support

5. leeprobert

leeprobert

Still not working on latest Hub 2.3.1

6. vmnetcetera

vmnetcetera

This fixed it for me, thanks. I was also able to install Unity under /Users/Shared.

I haven't been able to successfully install a Unity version outside of the /Users folder(e.g. anywhere inside /Applications). Installations just silently fail after downloading everything, and I get a 'MISSING_DESTINATION' error message in the log(~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs).

7. kimbi_unity

kimbi_unity

Hi. On my brand-new Mac Mini with Catalina OS, I tried to install with the default Unity Installer and failed. However, the link you provided for the updated 2017 installer, thankfully, worked, and installed - (2017.4.28f1).

But now I have discovered that Unity Hub does not work to install other versions of Unity, I am wondering if I am missing something...

8. andrews_unity

andrews_unity

Unity Technologies

You need to make sure you have the latest version of the hub as it is notarized

9. george-c-viacom

george-c-viacom

Is this fixed? I don't see it mentioned in any of the release notes for Unity 2017.4.*

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  10. andrews_unity

andrews_unity

Unity Technologies

All issues I am aware of have been resolved in the latest version of 2017.4

george-c-viacom likes this.
  11. george-c-viacom

george-c-viacom

I can confirm that the FMOD issues with MP3/ WAV have been fixed in 2017.4.40f1 thanks @andrews_unity !!

12. AlejMC

AlejMC

I seem to be missing where Developer Tools privacy settings is at the privacy settings, it doesn't appear on my side?

Some other workarounds:
    The disk access works all good for recent versions of unity, but it still fails for older versions, was trying to get 2019.3.0f(something) and this fails.
    The workaround for that is to create the folder on your own, by checking the info-log.json on:
    ~Library/Application Support/Unity Hub/logs/ see where it failed and create the folder by name. In my case getting .3.0fx from the archive tries to get .3.0f6.
    So, create that folder manually where the Hub would put it, let the install run again and this will work too.

13. SquareCat12

SquareCat12

Hello everyone,
    There was a discussion on the first page regarding Unity 2018.3, I would like to double-check one thing, I have 2018.3.3f1 running on MacOS 10.14, will this installed version work on MacOS 10.15?
    If I understood correctly, I won't be able to install this version again on MacOS 10.15 if I ever delete it, but I didn't found anything about support for already installed versions.

14. vfxjex

vfxjex

2019.1.9 cannot be downloaded with Unity hub after upgrading to Catalina

15. prthnon

prthnon

GET THE SAME ERROR - 2018.1. cannot be downloaded with Unity hub after upgrading to Catalina

PushoN likes this.
  16. psql

psql

I had success by visiting system preferences > security & privacy, unlock the pane on the bottom left and then hit the allow button

BoxOFun likes this.