Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Unity in classroom computers for pupils?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ParooniX, Oct 23, 2020.

?

installing Installing Unity concerted in classroom

1. Unity installation

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Installing classroom

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. ParooniX

ParooniX

Hi there,
    I am a teacher in junior high school. And I try to make it possible to studying Unity for my pupils. But I met some difficulties in installing Unity to classroom computers (22 devices). I run Unity installation as a superuser priviledges. But when a pupil logged in with his/her own username Unity doesn't work. There are some districtions in pupils account in our local network.
    Our IT management is keen on helping us with this Unity-installation but its worth of knowing what kind of installation method or procedure would be useful and workable.

Is it possible to install Unity concerted to all 22 classroom computers (Windows 10)? And after that my pupils/students will make a Unity account of their own and log in Unity Hub and start their tutorials in Unity?

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Welcome!

I don't have anything I can tell you directly on this, but wanted to point you towards some information that Unity does have an education license you could look into that might simplify the process for you.

Great that you're introducing kids to game development! Good luck!

ParooniX likes this.
  3. Israel_M

Israel_M

Unity Technologies

Welcome indeed!

I second the use of the EGL licenses for this purpose if you are not already using those. Another good place to post this type of question is on the Unity Teach Community FB group.

If it's a network permission issue, there may be some changes that need to be made to your firewall or user permission.
    Here's some network troubleshooting from Unity. Solving Network Issues

ParooniX and Schneider21 like this.
  4. ParooniX

ParooniX

Thanks for everyone helping me. Next step is to get/apply EGL license to our school. Will see what happens next :)

5. DrDolittle

DrDolittle

any info on how to deploy unit to classroom windows pcs with edu licencing

6. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

If only we'd had this in my school days, alas, we only had BASIC programming on an ancient BBC Micro B, or at best, an Acorn Archimedes (well it was the late 80s)

7. andrrrewreed

andrrrewreed

Thanks for the information.