Search Unity

Installing onto Ubuntu 18.x Unity Download Assistant Choose Components is empty

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rickblacker, Mar 14, 2019.

1. rickblacker

rickblacker

HI all...

First, I'm not the most experienced in Linux/Ubuntu. I have tried to search for answers but not finding anything.

I downloaded the latest Unity installer from the unity website. The Download assistant will start, but it's empty. I was hoping someone might be able to assist me on the issue.

UbuntuUnityInstallIssue.png

Thanks!
    Rick

2. mageaster

mageaster

3. rickblacker

rickblacker

Hi mageaster. Hmm.. I snagged it from the Linux install thread. I don't have the link handy, but I do know it was the "non" hub version.

Ok, cool! I will give it a shot on Monday when I'm back in the office.

Thanks!!!
    Rick

4. mageaster

mageaster

Forum thread is not
    Since you actually got it from forum, you should make sure that you've installed all dependencies listed in the thread.

5. rickblacker

rickblacker

HI mageaster...

For grins, I decided to install via the hub install. I have an issue with this though. The Hub installer starts, the Welcome screen pops up asking me to either login to an existing account or create a new one. I try logging into my existing account I've had for years. The unity login screen comes up, I put in my credentials. Then I'm bounced right back to the welcome screen asking me to either sign in or create a new account.

Thoughts on why this might be happening? I don't need a separate accounts do I? One for Windows, one for Linux?

6. mageaster

mageaster

Bug maybe. Try older version of the Hub.