Search Unity

Installing latest AR packages throws error when building.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PsychoDuckArcade, May 22, 2019.

1. PsychoDuckArcade

PsychoDuckArcade

Fresh install of Unity and Android SDK.
    Empty project. Can build and run to my Android device fine.
    Then, I use Package Manager to install AR Foundation, ARCore, and ARKit, as mentioned as the first step in the official AR manual from Unity (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...ion@2.1/manual/index.html#using-ar-foundation).
    Making no changes at all to my project other than that package install, build and run now fails and gives me the following 4 errors:

1)
    BuildFailedException: Multithreaded Rendering and Graphics Jobs (Player Settings > Other Settings) are not supported for ARCore.

2)
    Error building Player: BuildFailedException: Multithreaded Rendering and Graphics Jobs (Player Settings > Other Settings) are not supported for ARCore.

3)
    Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

4)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

I have tried adding an ARSession and ARSessionOrigin, the next steps in the manual, I still get the errors. Tried restarting computer, same thing. Tried new projects and reinstalling packages and even unity and android sdk, same thing. The manual doesn't seem to be so much a manual but more like a reference to different parts of ARFoundation, similar to just the reference documentation. Maybe this isn't even the right page for setting up, but I can't find an actual official guide on just setting up a basic working AR build, let alone game tutorials. If anyone knows any for the most recent version of everything, please let me know.

Thank you.

2. mmsdaus

mmsdaus

Having exactly the same problem. Is there a fix for this other than disabling multi threading? I am using Unity 2019.2.0f1

Thanks