Search Unity

"Installing..." is taking forever, unity hub.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by surajsirohi1008, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bb8_1

bb8_1

2019.3.2 installs 4ever

EDIT: now 2/21/2020 works fine :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  2. JoNax97

JoNax97

Some failed installs may be due to android components: see here

3. Koolade446

Koolade446

right click the folder, sleect properties -> security -> edit. then check allow on all options.

4. tommyallen789

tommyallen789

Yeah my unity hub downloads keeps canceling or getting stuck (and I can't see any information except for the blue bar not moving). My internet is bad as I'm living in China with a network VPN that I can't control, plus the network kicks us of multiple times per day. This forced system is frustrating as I'd rather do a browser download so I can see the progress speeds and pause/resume at times. Have similar problems with downloading large assets in Unity. What takes one person 5 minutes in a normal situation takes 8 hours here.. and with no resumption of interrupted downloads, it can take days until I get lucky with 8 consecutive hours... :(:(:( (and even with the conditions, this is a bit odd, because downloading other files from the internet isn't nearly as slow. Something about unity downloads specifically is especially slow, like 10 times slower than everything else)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  5. IstoBoi

IstoBoi

Can I know which files to change permissions of,
    Thanks.

6. IstoBoi

IstoBoi

Can I know which files.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well there may be some bugs as of now.You may change the sleep settings of your PC for the time being...

8. jaydenkus

jaydenkus

I already tried to download at first it worked. now as I changed my laptop, it immediately says installation aborted

9. kendalleddy

kendalleddy

I keep having the same issues as mentioned below: download has aborted several times while my computer was awake (trying to download to a Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10), and has even reached 99% before crapping out. And each download seems to be eating away at my hard drive memory, 1-2 GB per try. Does anyone know where this memory is going and how to clear it?

10. kendalleddy

kendalleddy

One more thing... I tried to follow the advice mentioned above and download an archived version on the Hub (went to Installs tab on the left of the window, clicked Add and selected the latest official release) Same deal, the progress bar got almost all the way full and then stopped as if I had never started downloading. Please advise!

11. rudra1217

rudra1217

same her dude

12. eyeprops

eyeprops

Just go into task manager. You will see cpu, memory and disk. There you can see if the application is downloading or installing stuff to your hard drive.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  13. Dilanoe

Dilanoe

mine has been instaling FOREVERRRRRRR

14. sml6000

sml6000

yo anyone find a fix i just signed up for unity today and it is taking forever to download the pre aplha one plz help

15. sml6000

sml6000

I m downloading 2020.2.0a19

16. sml6000

sml6000

and i swear if its stuck

17. JoNax97

JoNax97

Please don't spam many posts one right after another. Instead make a single post and try to include enough information so someone can help you with your problem

18. kiranvijay026

kiranvijay026

iam already install and open unity hub.but I accidental detele unity hub.yesterday i try to install again.i complete download but when in installing it shows installation aborted i,so that i have redownload for 2 more times ,but it show same installation aborted .whatto do?

19. BenMidoriya27

BenMidoriya27

jUST NVR DOWNLOAD UNITY HUB!! unity installer is better. i used unity hub coz vrchat team recommended. but its useless

20. CreationsPD

CreationsPD

I like the concept of unity hub, but in the real world, I find it a big disappointing waste of time and energy consumer. Such a fight to get it to work every time I want to update unity editor.

I would be extremely energetic to remove the frustration inducing piece of software from my machine. It's confusing how they can create a successful multi-platform engine that has a successful multi-platform editor, and the installation program ('unity hub') is the biggest drawback when trying to get started.

How do you deal with Android sdk/ndk version mismatch with manual install? Or do you not use android?

21. subhanest

subhanest

Why this issue stands still for years now. I am having the same issue I have installed it 4 times and the issue remains. Unity technologies should resolve this issue on priority basics

22. REWANT22

REWANT22

I was also downloading the unity version 2020.1. It was nearly 90 percent and my phone internet was finished so switched the internet connection to other phone and the installation was automatically cancelled. It's better to download unity from unity download Archive.

23. REWANT22

REWANT22

I when downloaded the unity 2020.1 setup from unity download Archive I got wrong or corrupted setup and one file was missing so when I run the unity editor and created a new project the console errors automatically came and I couldn't enter to the play mode in my unity 2020.1. I needed to reinstall the whole setup from the unity download Archive then I got the right setup.

24. OsamaBigWolf

OsamaBigWolf

It is very frustrated , stuck on installation then i force close HUB , unity doesn't show add module , it seem like i installed it from other than HUB ,which is weird, is it issue of folder permission? , or should I start HUB with administration rights ? using latest version 2.3.2

25. OsamaBigWolf

OsamaBigWolf

Yeah similar Issue here

26. puneeth_allapu

puneeth_allapu

Maybe you just have a really slow laptop. The installation time is affected by the RAM & Processor of your laptop/PC

27. roh632

roh632

its now August 2020 and the issue has still not been resolved. Any time soon?

J_koralagama likes this.
  28. harshitp108

harshitp108

Hi why my installation stuck at 99% using unity hub in mac os i tried 2 times yesterday but same issue both time? Tell are going to fix this issue or not if not then i can find unity alternative as i can not afford more delay

29. harshitp108

harshitp108

Hi why my installation stuck at 99% using unity hub in mac os i tried 2 times yesterday but same issue both time? Tell are going to fix this issue or not if not then i can find unity alternative as i can not afford more delay

30. rayyanrahman2

rayyanrahman2

I was installing unity version 2019.4.9f1 but installing was to long:(:(:(

Satindar likes this.
  31. Satindar

Satindar

upload_2020-9-11_10-56-51.png

i think it was here for like 3 hours

with a strong wifi

upload_2020-9-11_10-57-43.png

ignore ondrive it is free version

32. Satindar

Satindar

same

upload_2020-9-11_10-58-41.png

upload_2020-9-11_10-58-45.png

33. Satindar

Satindar

i will move to unreal engine if download does not complete within 1 or 2 hours

34. moisesbunyi920

moisesbunyi920

You can download unity WITHOUT unity hub here's the link: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

35. moisesbunyi920

moisesbunyi920

36. wsijohn

wsijohn

37. asifshk

asifshk

it worked for me thanks

38. asifshk

asifshk

Its easy just go to unity folder and give all permission to that specific folder while installing taking forever. from right click folder go properties and select security and give all permission

39. bbacle

bbacle

Well, I can tell you that you have NOT fixed this problem yet, because when I went to download & install, all I got was the hub as well. It installed in a timely manner, but it also wanted to download the 2020 version of Unity, and I started at around 11 am and it is not 3:20 and it is still NOT done.

40. bbacle

bbacle

Well, I can tell you that you have NOT fixed this problem yet, because when I went to download & install, all I got was the hub as well. It installed in a timely manner, but it also wanted to download the 2020 version of Unity, and I started at around 11 am and it is not 3:20 and it is still NOT done.

41. LordIceBreaker

LordIceBreaker

If you are on Windows 10, then right click on Unity Hub in your File Explorer and click "Run as Administrator"

42. LordIceBreaker

LordIceBreaker

Here is how to fix it. On Windows 10, open you File Explorer and go to >>> C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Temp\

After opening that, scroll until you find a folder's name starting with Unity. Click on it and install that one file in it .exe >>> Let it get installed and voila! You have fixed your problem!

43. pbeckner

pbeckner

I am on macOS and I was having the issue where after downloading and installing the Unity Hub, the Hub would stop at 99% complete when installing Unity. Here is how I was able to fix it, without adjusting any permissions:

1. When the install is at 99% and it seems like it's no longer doing anything, quit Unity Hub. It will warn you that the download/install will be canceled, just click ok.
    2. If you go to where you thought you were installing Unity, you should see that it has actually put the files where they belong.
    3. Re-open Unity Hub. When it prompts you again for an install location, click the "dismiss install wizard" or something like that in the lower left.
    4. Choose "Installs" from the tabs on the left.
    5. You should see the Unity version that you installed there.
    6. Use the "locate" button in the upper right and navigate to where the Unity.app was downloaded - if you went to the suggested path on macOS it should be something like - /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.11f1/Unity.app - and select Unity.app and hit OK. (If this doesn't work, try also hitting the Add button in the upper left and doing the same thing, I messed around with both and I'm not sure which one was the magic bullet.)
    7. It might tell you "I already know about that instance of Unity" or something like that. Just say ok. Now when you launch Unity Hub in the future, and start a tutorial, it should open the app as expected.

I can't guarantee this will work for everyone, but it worked on my machine running Catalina 10.15.7. Hope this helps someone!

44. NoobEmperor

NoobEmperor

My god... It is nearly 2021 and still, the installation stucks at 99%, and there are no working answers. This forum is b*S***.

45. jerrardpanghehe012

jerrardpanghehe012

I was using a mac with poor internet, but completly installed after 11 minutes

46. daarkdesx527

daarkdesx527

C
    Change to what? Can specify? I don't like the idea of giving "FULL CONTROL" to everything on my computer

47. Thickbean

Thickbean

it works for me

48. EdwinGaming

EdwinGaming

Fix Unity Download Please It Took Long Enough Unity!

49. AbsoLegendStudios

AbsoLegendStudios

Mine is stuck at 99.0 %

50. Thaina

Thaina

This is 2 years and unity team never did anything to improve it

Just able to see what it stuck at would be greatest user experience. Installer UI should show what it currently do aside from `installing` text, such as it copying what file or what it was downloading so we know what it stuck at or it actually progressing just a bit slow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.