Search Unity

Installing Facebook Gameroom build support gives loads of errors when building to Windows Standalone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Meltdown, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Meltdown

Meltdown

I had Unity 5.6.3p1 installed fine and working and building fine.

I then installed Facebook Gameroom support, and now I can't build anything for Windows Standalone, I get a bunch of these errors all over my project...

error CS0234: The type or namespace name `SceneManagement' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

as well as errors like...

error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Sprite' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Color' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Its telling me UnityEngine.Color or UnityEngine.Sprite don't exist.

Why does installing Gameroom support cause all these issues, when I'm not even building for Gameroom?

I also uninstalled Unity and installed everything from scratch, and I still have the same problems.

EDIT : Confirmed, when I re-install Unity without Gameroom support, I can build to Standalone again fine.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That's weird and shouldn't be happening. I'll ask relevant folks to look at this.

Meltdown likes this.
  3. Meltdown

Meltdown

Thanks. I logged a bug report.
    Case 944524

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

Any ETA on this in 5.6? I have a game on Gameroom which I can't update because of this.

Thanks

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It's being investigated as we speak. Unfortunately I can't promise any concrete dates.

6. Nyankoooo

Nyankoooo

Seeing this error too:

Code (CSharp):
    1. error CS0234: The type or namespace name `SceneManagement' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

7. Nyankoooo

Nyankoooo

8. Meltdown

Meltdown

I really find it hard to believe one of Unity's build platforms are not working for more than 2 months, and it hasn't been a priority fix. I have a game on Gameroom that I cannot update because of this and currently its not working.

9. jura_z

jura_z

Unity Technologies

Hey! Sorry for the delay.
    I think you're using Facebook SDK 7.10.1, that can cause problems with 5.6. It's fixed, the patch is on its way, just not released yet.
    As a workaround: close Unity, delete Library and Temp folders in your project, reopen it and stay on Facebook SDK 7.9.4 for now.
    Fix is going to be released in 5.6.4p2

Meltdown likes this.
  10. Meltdown

Meltdown

These errors are not related to the Facebook SDK. How does 'SceneManagement' and 'Color' issues relate to the Facebook SDK version when the errors are not even coming from code files in the Facebook SDK folder?

When is 5.6.4p2 expected to be released?

11. jura_z

jura_z

Unity Technologies

Well, they are related to Facebook. But doesn't matter, just found a workaround, so you don't need to wait:

1) Go to Unity folder, so you can see Editor and MonoDevelop folders
    2) Move Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/Facebook to the Unity folder, so now you have Editor, MonoDevelop and Facebook

Now it should work

Meltdown likes this.
  12. SteveKouts

SteveKouts

Thanks this saved my ass! in 5.6.2f1

jura_z likes this.
  13. BBRome

BBRome

moving folder also fix on 2017.2.0f3 thanks

14. BBRome

BBRome

please, is there a way to see logs when running into Gameroom? because <output_log.txt> not exists in this case thank you

15. jura_z

jura_z

Unity Technologies

I think another workaround is just to reinstall Unity with Facebook and Windows standalone included in the installation dialog.

16. BBRome

BBRome

thank you jura_z, but I've got trouble on same project building win store universal and Gameroom, if it is installed, I've to delete then import again... :)

17. Meltdown

Meltdown

I installed 5.6.4p2 and I could build for Gameroom, thanks for that.

But now when I switch my project to Android, I get loads of editor errors and the player settings don't load properly for the platform. Only the 'Resolution' and the 'Icon' sections load. I closed and re-opened the editor, no difference.

Do I log a new bug for this?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/PlayerSettingsEditor/PlayerSettingsEditor.cs:523)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1240)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  18. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Hello @Meltdown,
    could you make a new bug report with a repro project for the errors you see when switching the platform to Android? Ideally also after you made the error trigger once so we get them in the editor.log which gets attached to the bug report.

I tried to repro it here on my end but couldn't make it fail the way you describe.

Thanks!

19. Meltdown

Meltdown

Hi, I have created a bug report and with a repro project. I even copied just the assets folder to a new folder, re-imported everything and still had the same issue.

Case # 972871

Let me know if you can't repro that. If not I'll clear my cache server and send a full project import with Library folder to make sure.

20. bion

bion

21. SteveKouts

SteveKouts

A bit off topic but can anyone actually tell me how to release my game on Gameroom? Ive done everything to make it go live and it does nothing, and Ive read in various places that it can take weeks to be released randomly by someone at facebook, Ive waited almost 2 months safe to say its not being released. Any ideas please?? Pointers?? thanks