Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Android Build Support and Other Build Support Post Installation

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by as3mbus, Feb 2, 2018.

1. as3mbus

as3mbus

I'd like to say sorry beforehand if, there already a post addressing this issue
    but i did searched the forum, with it's quite hard navigation about this but haven't found it
    Is there a way to install a android build support or maybe everything else after unity editor is installed.
    navigating to build setting and android navigate me to no longer existing links http://download.unity3d.com/downloa...tySetup-Android-Support-for-Editor-2017.3.0p2

Thank you :)

2. as3mbus

as3mbus

Bumping this.

3. Tak

Tak

Unity Technologies

In 2017.3+, you should be able to just rerun the installer and select Android support.

4. as3mbus

as3mbus

okay, i'll try thank you as always :)
    P.S. : i ended up re downloading everything. because i changed my linux distribution. does this intended ? or is there a way unity could detect existing unity editor ?

5. aweshum

aweshum

I have no idea why the link doesn't work for me

6. praktech

praktech

7. Pl4yeR

Pl4yeR

I have same problem. I checked the android support checkbox when installing. Everything finished correctly but still I see the "no android module loaded" message in build settings. If I try to redownload a checked greyed out checkbox is shown with the Android support option, so I cannot uncheck/recheck it. Also I have uninstalled the editor and reinstalled it without success.

If I click the "Open download page" link I get an error:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. <Error>
    2. <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    3. <Message>Access denied.</Message>
    4. <Details>
    5. Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to publishing-unity-binaries-prd/6e9a27477296/Unknown/UnitySetup-Android-Support-for-Editor-2018.3.0f2.
    6. </Details>
    7. </Error>
    Is there any workaround to have android support working on linux?

Ubuntu 18.04. Unity 2018.3.0f2. p7zip-full installed.

8. Pl4yeR

Pl4yeR

OK, I found the problem. UnityHub is extracting Android Module related files directly to
    $HOME
    instead of
    "{UNITY_PATH}/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer"

So I manually moved all those folders and files to the correct path (see above) and restarted Unity and this time I can switch platform correctly.

Involved folders and files:
    Code (csharp):
    1. Apk
    2. Data
    3. Source
    4. Tools
    5. Variations
    6. Whitelists
    7. ivy.xml
    8. modules.asset
    9. UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll

Found the clue while examining this file: https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/hub/prod/releases-linux.json