Search Unity

Installing Android Build Support and Other Build Support Post Installation

Discussion in 'Linux' started by as3mbus, Feb 2, 2018.

1. as3mbus

as3mbus

I'd like to say sorry beforehand if, there already a post addressing this issue
    but i did searched the forum, with it's quite hard navigation about this but haven't found it
    Is there a way to install a android build support or maybe everything else after unity editor is installed.
    navigating to build setting and android navigate me to no longer existing links http://download.unity3d.com/downloa...tySetup-Android-Support-for-Editor-2017.3.0p2

Thank you :)

2. as3mbus

as3mbus

Bumping this.

3. Tak

Tak

In 2017.3+, you should be able to just rerun the installer and select Android support.

4. as3mbus

as3mbus

okay, i'll try thank you as always :)
    P.S. : i ended up re downloading everything. because i changed my linux distribution. does this intended ? or is there a way unity could detect existing unity editor ?

5. aweshum

aweshum

I have no idea why the link doesn't work for me

6. praktech

praktech

7. Pl4yeR

Pl4yeR

I have same problem. I checked the android support checkbox when installing. Everything finished correctly but still I see the "no android module loaded" message in build settings. If I try to redownload a checked greyed out checkbox is shown with the Android support option, so I cannot uncheck/recheck it. Also I have uninstalled the editor and reinstalled it without success.

If I click the "Open download page" link I get an error:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. <Error>
    2. <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    3. <Message>Access denied.</Message>
    4. <Details>
    5. Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to publishing-unity-binaries-prd/6e9a27477296/Unknown/UnitySetup-Android-Support-for-Editor-2018.3.0f2.
    6. </Details>
    7. </Error>
    Is there any workaround to have android support working on linux?

Ubuntu 18.04. Unity 2018.3.0f2. p7zip-full installed.

8. Pl4yeR

Pl4yeR

OK, I found the problem. UnityHub is extracting Android Module related files directly to
    $HOME
    instead of
    "{UNITY_PATH}/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer"

So I manually moved all those folders and files to the correct path (see above) and restarted Unity and this time I can switch platform correctly.

Involved folders and files:
    Code (csharp):
    1. Apk
    2. Data
    3. Source
    4. Tools
    5. Variations
    6. Whitelists
    7. ivy.xml
    8. modules.asset
    9. UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll

Found the clue while examining this file: https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/hub/prod/releases-linux.json

9. SamuelHubbard

SamuelHubbard

Awesome! I'm brand new to Linux... I'm currently running 18.04 LTS. Is there any way you could give me a bit more instruction on how to? Any help would be appreciated. I'm TRYING to learn Linux. :D

10. alfish

alfish

To anyone facing this problem:
    I wanted to download WebGL support for 5.4.5, but the "Open Download Page" button in the Editor took me to this URL, which was not valid (access denied):
    http:// download.unity3d.com/download_unity/eb7a98026e69/TargetSupportInstaller/UnitySetup-WebGL-Support-for-Editor-5.4.5f1.exe
    ERROR CODE: AccessDenied; MESSAGE: Access denied.
    DETAILS: Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to publishing-unity-binaries-prd/...

So I went to the download archive page: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
    The target support intallers aren't available there, but I found something interesting. The URL for the 5.4.5 editor installers all begin with this:
    https:// download.unity3d.com/download_unity/68943b6c8c42/

As you can see, the id for 5.4.5 is 68943b6c8c42, not eb7a98026e69 (I think the exact "build" of the editor was different in my case), so I changed the URL to have the id from the website and the download worked:
    https:// download.unity3d.com/download_unity/68943b6c8c42/TargetSupportInstaller/UnitySetup-WebGL-Support-for-Editor-5.4.5f1.exe

I suppose this may work with other versions and build platforms, so if you have this problem, you could try finding the id for your Unity version in the editor installer URL from the website and use it in the URL you want to access.

NOTE: While I was able to download and install the platform with this method, I ended up getting incompatibilities and errors when building and running that target platform, so it's best if you can use the other method (re-running the installer). But I'll leave this here for reference anyways, in case it helps someone.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    kohesiontechnology likes this.
  11. Fillchiam

Fillchiam

I've been trying all day to get this to work, I've tried Unity 2019.2.2f1 and 2019.1.14f1 with Android support through the Unity Hub (v 2.1.0) as well as through the Arch User Repository (I'm running Manjaro Linux), and none of them seem to work, I always get the "No Android module loaded" with the error page when I try to click "Open Download Page". None of the solutions described in this thread seem to work for me, the URL build code thing is accurate to start out with etc. :(

12. bricefr

bricefr

Hello.

Same here, do you guys made any progress on this ?

I tested like 10 different versions: impossible de deploy the AndroidPlayer on Linux:
    • The NDK, SDK and OpenJDK seem deployed correctly (they are present in the Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer and the Hub says they are installed
    • Regarding the Android Player itself, the Hub keeps suggesting to install it (the chekbox can be enabled) and everytime it downloads something, comes to an end but still no icon and impossible de switch to the platform (I noted that there is a tmp/ folder in the Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer path but nothing interesting in there, just some XML files)
    Am I missing something here? Is it possible to manually install it to test it out?

Thanks for any help.

13. bricefr

bricefr

For those in this situation on Arch/Manjaro, make sure cpio is installed as well. It was the problem for me.

sudo pacman -S cpio

elex_, cdframe, milanmarocchi and 2 others like this.
  14. crisdeodates

crisdeodates

Hai, could you please explain a bit more regarding this. For eg: How and where to change this path..

Thanks

15. senkal_

senkal_

@crisdeodates
    Could you try to reinstall Unity with new Unity Hub?
    I think 2.3 version should tackle most of the Linux SDKs issues.

16. samgcode

samgcode

I found that if you go into unity hub, go to installations, and click the three dots on whatever installations, there is a modules tab which you can use to add modules

17. Elixirman1

Elixirman1

Hi,
    I am new to Unity and have downloaded the Unity version required for building in AltSpace (which is a different version to the one needed in ChatVR to build an Avatar). I am about to install Unity 2018.4.20f1 as per ChatVR instructions and to build an Avatar and am not sure whichi modules are needed.

I'm using a Win10 laptop platform for building the Avatar and using an Oculus Rift also running on a Win10 Desktop games platform (not the Rift S).

Does anyone know whether I'll need to install the Android Build Support, iOS Build Support, yvOS Build Support or Mac Build Support (Mono) all of which take up a lot of disk space?
    Thanks.

18. vanikad

vanikad

Finally found the reason (at least on my Ubuntu installation) - spaces in folders names. The issue was that the UnityHub didn't put the Android Build Support files inside Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer folder. Though, it did put properly the NDK, JDK and SDK.
    The missing resources were those mentioned by Pl4yeR.

So, after I made sure there is no space in folder names in the installation path, did a fresh Unity installation and voila!

19. Noureddine_D

Noureddine_D

Can you please explain more, where can i find the installation path, i can't seem to get it to work

20. SkepticDude

SkepticDude

I even tried re downloading whole unity. That did not worked.
    And then I followed your instructions.
    Thanks this detailed explanation really helped me.

21. unity_LT5x-POoULyVmQ

unity_LT5x-POoULyVmQ

Will you please elaborate a little bit, like where to install the Android-support file and where to move...Please, please, please

22. unity_LT5x-POoULyVmQ

unity_LT5x-POoULyVmQ

Can you help me with the process that you had applied in detail?

23. SkepticDude

SkepticDude

Just copy paste the above mentioned files to below location in your unity
    {UNITY_PATH}/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer
    That's it

24. IronDragonDev

IronDragonDev

Thank you so much!!!

cdframe likes this.