Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing 2019.3.0a5 - question about Visual Studio 2019

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Deleted User, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

2. EASYJABBA

EASYJABBA

Hello.

No it wont fix the bug with opening a basic C# script.

Also the v5 just downloads and installs the VS 2019 without your permission and just decides to install the entire program in C drive.

I thought Unity was one of the biggest marketshare engines out there? Who's putting money into this? The engine is a joke.

They didn't even update the core count till alpha v3, they should have updated the core count nearly 3 years ago, this is why its a complete joke of an engine sorry to say.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Not true, you can choose not to install it. That's what I did. I suspected that it would install VS 2019 on the C drive anyway. :)

I know that the bug is not fixed because I made tests.

As much as I understand your frustration, your post is anything but constructive.

4. EASYJABBA

EASYJABBA

Hello and thankyou for the reply.

On your screenshot it says 2019 community version, well it didn't download the community version, it installed the professional version, and there wasn't any VS in the panel like your screenshot. So yes it did with all due respect.

Also the previous post is constructive, people need to read this regardless, it will save anybody a nightmare attempting to develop on this engine if they are interested.

If any studio has units with more than 20threads then they are screwed, because they have no choice but to use the alphav3 onwards. This should have been fixed years ago, its beyond a joke now.

You can shout till the cows come home nothing will be fixed here, we don't have any power, they wont listen to any of you, the only people with power are the shareholders, if they shout, Unity jumps.

So hopefully only takes one shareholder to realize this mess and they will shout.

Thanks again.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

You must report a bug for this in the Hub. Click on your account icon on the top right and then "Report a bug".

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The Hub team is aware of this thread and they're looking into this issue.

Deleted User likes this.
  7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please check if this still happens for you with the latest release? QA can't reproduce the behaviour.
    If it does, it would be great if you could submit a bug report for it.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Oh, I had forgotten about that. I don't remember when things changed but the Hub now shows VS 2017 in the install components list; it no longer lists VS 2019. I don't know if it no longer does this because VS 2019 is already installed though. :)

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Is the VS download selected by default when you try to install it or is it just an option?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just an option, like all the other additional modules.

Capture.JPG