Search Unity

Question Installed package - The name "SerializationUtilities" does not exist.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by micahcomer, Dec 7, 2022.

1. micahcomer

micahcomer

When I install from the package manager, I get a bunch of errors of this form:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@1.19.19\Runtime\ResourceLocators\ContentCatalogData.cs(573,44): error CS0103: The name 'SerializationUtilities' does not exist in the current context

I've been googling all day to try to track it down - I get that it seems to be something to do with a broken reference... I've updated both Unity and Visual Studio, as well as deleting the .vs folder, and rebuilding the solution in VS, as those were all recommended, but nothing had any effect at all.

Its hard to track down, as I'm not 100% clear on how the process goes between downloading and installing the package, updating the manifest, building the project, etc... so I'm not really sure how to begin troubleshooting it. Anyway, I'm sure this could be a totally noob issue, but if anyone could point me in a useful direction I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

2. pillakirsten

pillakirsten

Unity Technologies

Hi @micahcomer have you tried deleting the com.unity.addressables folder from the PackageCache? I see that SerializationUtilities is a class that's part of the Addressables package.

Also if it helps the latest Addressables package version is 1.21.2