Search Unity

Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by tcmeric, Jul 18, 2017.

1. tcmeric

tcmeric

I am using 2017.1 plus cinemachine 2.0.1 . After installation of the package from the asset store, I get the following errors. No other errors that would stop a complier update in console.

Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Editor/Editors/CinemachineStateDrivenCameraEditor.cs(113,76): error CS0039: Cannot convert type `UnityEngine.RuntimeAnimatorController' to `AnimatorController' via a built-in conversion

Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Editor/Editors/CinemachineStateDrivenCameraEditor.cs(124,45): error CS1061: Type `AnimatorController' does not contain a definition for `layers' and no extension method `layers' of type `AnimatorController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any ideas as to the cause?

2. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Try removing it and re-importing again.

3. tcmeric

tcmeric

Thanks. I tried that, as well as opening and closing unity and making sure that there were no other console issues. Strange problem.

4. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Looks like it's engine bug or something, could you try reinstalling Unity?

If you really need to use Cinemachine in your project right now try 2017.2 Beta https://unity3d.com/unity/beta

Adam_Myhill likes this.
  5. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

@JacobSmaga you're on point to become an honorary CM fellow

JakubSmaga likes this.
  6. tcmeric

tcmeric

Thanks Jacob. Ill give it a try and see how it goes. I appreciate your help.

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

We are aware of no compatibility problems between CM 2.0.1 and Unity 2017.1.
    Maybe it is something in your project?
    Have you tried creating a new project, adding CM, then bringing in your other assets gradually until the error appears?

8. tcmeric

tcmeric

So far it works on a clean project with just TMP and playmaker. Ill try and bring in other all the other assets I am using on my main project to see if it will come up again. The main project was updated from 5.5 to 2017.1, so I am wondering if that is part of the issue. Thanks.

9. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

I'm getting the same errors using fresh install/project using Unity 2017.1.0f3 and CInemachine 2.0.1- tried reinstalling Cinemachine- same errors show up

10. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

We get no such errors on fresh install with an empty project. Are you sure you have an empty project?
    The first thing I would look for is the definition of the "AnimatorController" class. There appears to be a conflict here.

11. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

Problem ended up being another asset from the store that had some scripts that were causing the error with Cinemachine- thanks for the reply-

12. tcmeric

tcmeric

mdotstange, do you know what it was? I still havent figured out which asset. I tried a new project and loaded in a ton of assets, but couldnt get the same error. Still would like to fix my main project if I can figure out which asset it is.

13. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

I narrowed it down to an animation controller that came with a character model I bought on the asset store- so might want to check your animation controllers out-

tcmeric and Adam_Myhill like this.
  14. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

If anyone else runs into this problem, it's a problem with AnimationController.cs, which is part of several of the Suriyun character assets on the Asset Store. My solution was to simply enclose that class in a namespace Suriyun declaration so that nothing else can see it.

15. inviromatt

inviromatt

What the FUDGE does this mean? ... like.... explain it like you're talking to an animator...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  16. erpatton

erpatton

Oh my god, thank you! I was so confused since their AnimatorController.cs file shows up with the icon for a controller and not a script.

He means that if you're using any of the 3D model assets from the store that came from the publisher Suriyun, there's a script file that they named AnimatorController.cs in there that's messing with everything. You just wrap the code file contents like this with a namespace (makes it where their version of AnimatorController won't mess with Unity's version):

Code (CSharp):
    2. namespace Suriyun
    3. {
    4.     public class AnimatorController : MonoBehaviour
    5.     {
    6.         // all the code inside this thing
    7.     }
    8. }
    Save it, and then the compile errors should be gone.