Search Unity

Resolved Installation issue: Failed to generated ARCore reference image library 'ReferenceMarkers_arf'

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by osimaleki, Mar 2, 2021.

1. osimaleki

osimaleki

Hi,

I just installed the package on a project that was already using AR Foundation. I cannot build anymore as I run into this problem.

The execution of below in file "ARCoreBuildProcessor.cs" results in an error "C:/Users/User.imgdb: Failed to open file." that ends up in throwing an exception.

var (stdOut, stdErr, _) = Cli.Execute(arcoreimgPath, new[]
    {
    "build-db",
    $"--input_image_list_path={inputImageListPath}",
    $"--output_db_path={outputDbPath}",
    });

I tried running the arcoreimg.exe with the same parameters to see but could not reproduce. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
    Hossein

2. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

3. osimaleki

osimaleki

Thank you for the quick reply!

I saw that bug reported but just now to test it before moving everything over, tried with a blank project and it worked fine. The project has spaces in the name and path.

Stupid question for you as I am a beginner in Unity. If I fix this say in the C# file as I see a potential path problem, then would that work? Is that a thing where you can just update scripts of packages? Would it get overwritten?

Again thank you for the quick help. I will try the path thing with my project tomorrow but in the meantime if you have any other suggestions, I'll take it

4. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Yep, you can update package scripts, and yep, they might get overwritten :)

Unity stores a local copy of each package in the project in the `Library/PackageCache` folder. Sometimes when Unity resolves packages it will overwite these, so it is not "safe" to modify code in these packages. However, you can "embed" a package from this folder, either by copying the package into the `Packages` folder in the root of the project, or using the `Client.Embed` API in the package manager. You can read more here https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-embed.html

I'm not sure if you can fix this build issue in C# code. I'm not entirely sure but I think the issue may be part of the AR Core SDK. I'd be curious to know if you find a fix!

Hope this helps :)

5. osimaleki

osimaleki

Yeah moving the directory fixed it. I guess this is a recurrence of an old bug. Thank you for the help @mtschoen