Search Unity

Installation from Unity fail on Linux Mint 20.1

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by pyrotipace, Apr 23, 2022.

1. pyrotipace

pyrotipace

I am trying to install plastic from Unity (2021.1.25f1) but when I download the Cloud Edition, nothing append.

I'm using Linux Mint 20.1

I also tried to install plasticscm cloud with the cmd but it did not worked.

Can someone explain me what I am doing wrongly ?

(I'm sorry if my english is not perfect)

Attached Files:

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @pyrotipace, I'm sorry you're having issues getting Plastic SCM in Unity setup on Mint. Could you please try the dependency workaround suggested in this thread to see if that resolves your issue?

3. pyrotipace

pyrotipace

Hello,
    I followed the instructions.
    I create the "bionic-oldlibs.list" file under "/etc/apt/sources.list.d" as suggested in this post and I added the lines.
    Then :
    1. I upgraded to Unity 2021 LTS (2021.3.1f)
    2. I turned off collab in service
    3. I downloaded version control in package management (1.15.16)
    4. I tried to install plastic from the same pop up than shown in the first post but now it says that I doesn't have the acces.
    How can I get the access or what is wrong ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Could you please try downloading the Plastic GUI client via the Ubuntu/Debian packages to see if that unblocks you?

5. Invector

Invector

Unity Hub 3.1.2 was not working on Ubuntu latest release 22.04 LTS, but with this workaround:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ubuntu-22-04-lts-support.1271102/#post-8099087
    I manage to get it working, unfortunately, Plastic SCM Cloud is also not working, not even installing actually... here is the terminal log when trying to follow the link you posted

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Invector, I'm sorry you're having issues getting the Plastic SCM Cloud Edition to run on Linux. If you are having issues installing the client on Linux then I'd recommend opening a thread in the Plastic SCM on Linux forum where you can get more specialized assistance.

Also, I want to clarify that the Unity Plugin for Plastic SCM is not supported on Linux platforms at this time. Please continue to use the external Plastic SCM client for managing your Plastic workspace on Linux distros.

7. pyrotipace

pyrotipace

I manage to install Plastic SCM with no errors following that but it still does not work.
    Does that mean it will not work for me no matter what I do because I am on Linux ?

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm afraid that, at this time, yes. But we do update the external client of Plastic SCM along with the other platforms. If you run into any issues installing the Plastic SCM client on Linux then don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team.

9. Invector

Invector

What distro are you using?

10. pyrotipace

pyrotipace

I am using Linux Mint 20.1

11. knobby67

knobby67

Hi I'm using same OS and Unity as you and have got it to work. This is what I did

1. Upgraded to unity 2021 LTS
    2. Turned off collab in services.
    3. Downloaded version control in package management
    4. Now plastic scm is selectable on your top bar drop down menus. Select and it will install.

If you need to know any settings post here and I'll try to help. I had to set my my plastic services via the website.

12. pyrotipace

pyrotipace

Sorry, I'm a bit late but I tried it and it did not work for me.
    @knobby67 Can you please let me know your settings and how you set your plastic services via the website, please?

13. knobby67

knobby67

If I understand you. I logged into plastic on the website using my unity ID rather than setting myself up as a new user. it then game me the option to pull collab stuff actross. I also had unity open when i logged into the website. You'll have to let me know more for settings, exactly what you need?