Search Unity

Installation error on Hololens RS4 and VS 15.8.4 Build with .net scripting backend

Discussion in 'VR' started by itiz_steffend, Sep 13, 2018.

1. itiz_steffend

itiz_steffend

Hello,

I have at the moment an installation error when I try to add an appxbundle with dependencies over the device portal to a customer hololens:

Installation Failed
    Failure reason: Windows cannot install package xxx because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x86 processor architecture and minimum version 1.1.26702.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1" currently installed are: {Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1_1.1.25915.0_x86__8wessb3s8bbwe} Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)

My Setup:
    Unity 2018.2.7
    Visual Studio 15.8.4
    Hololens RS4 with latest update
    .Net Scripting Backup

It can't find the dependency, although it is selected inside the framework dialog. The same error happened without selecting the framework appx. It looks like the device portal is ignoring the selected dependecy files during the installation process.

I reproduced the error with a clean unity project.
    It's working when I deploy the project with Visual Studio, but I want to give the project to a customer as appxbundle.

Thank you for any advice!

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

I believe the issue you are seeing is because you are using Visual Studio 15, from my knowledge you need to use Visual Studio 2017 with at least update 3 installed.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,
    Wesley

3. itiz_steffend

itiz_steffend

Hi Wesley,

I used currently the most recent VS2017. My solution was to switch the scripting backend to IL2CPP. After that no dependencies are needed to install.

mstunali likes this.
  4. mstunali

mstunali

Hi itiz_steffend,

I have some issue after updated VS2017 15.8.4 . Can you explain how did you build project as scripting backend IL2CPP? And how did you deploy it to hololens?

5. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

The scripting backend can be set in the Player Settings under "Other Settings"

upload_2018-9-18_16-44-41.png

6. mstunali

mstunali

Thanks, I changed scripting backend then build the project. But build folder has only Player folder. It's not a UWP project. How can I make a package to install hololens?

7. itiz_steffend

itiz_steffend

Did it build correctly without any errors? Then there is a usual VS solution, same like .net scripting backend.

You have to choose the right API Compatibility Level too, at least .NET 4.X or 4.6 corresponding to your Unity version.

8. mstunali

mstunali

Firstly, I try to install app package with dependencies today. There is no error with dependencies. Maybe Microsoft solve the conflict issue.
    I can't build project IL2CPP. There is linker error and a warning.
    upload_2018-9-20_11-55-4.png

In build setting I have this warning. What do I need to install?
    upload_2018-9-20_11-55-49.png

When I build I have this error:
    Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/UnityLinker.exe --api=NET_4_6 -out="C:\<ProjectFolder>\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\tempStrip" -l=none -c=link --link-symbols -x="C:\Program

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can you paste the full error message?