Search Unity

Bug Install UnityHub on Fedora 36

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by neneth273, Apr 28, 2022.

1. neneth273

neneth273

Hi,

I use the instructions on https://docs.unity3d.com/hub/manual/InstallHub.html but I have error when i Install unityhub :

chmod: cannot access '/opt/unityhub/chrome-sandbox': No such file or directory

and when I launch unityhub, it crash with this error :

ERROR: Licensing SDK logging callback is not registered. Please use 'registerLoggingAdapter' function from the SDK to do so.

How can i resolve this ?

2. Fragment1

Fragment1

I also have this issue. Spent all day looking yesterday and didn't find a solution. I've just gone back to Windows for now until it gets fixed.

Though given the earliest reference I saw to it giving a blank screen on ubuntu (which is what I see with that console error) was back in February, I'm not holding my breath...

3. neneth273

neneth273

I have another lead ! If I launch from command line, I have the previous error (registerLoggingAdapter) BUT if I also launch unityHub from normal GUI, I have another errors :

libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
    (electron) Security Warning: A WebContents was just created with both webviewTag and contextIsolation enabled. This combination is fundamentally less secure and effectively bypasses the protections of contextIsolation. We strongly recommend you move away from webviews to OOPIF or BrowserView in order for your app to be more secure
    Error occurred in handler for 'localConfig/getHubConfig': No handler registered for 'localConfig/getHubConfig'

marcelovbcfilho likes this.
  4. xiconaldo

xiconaldo

I have the same error here, but in my case, the hub application starts in a weird way: upload_2022-5-13_23-46-36.png

5. Snoweuph

Snoweuph

Exactly same Error on Fedora 36 with KDE (and Wayland)

6. marcelovbcfilho

marcelovbcfilho

I'm experiencing the same error. If required can provide furtuer info.

Image 1: The error on the terminal and the app with developer tools open, showing no errors.
    upload_2022-5-26_11-50-19.png
    Image 2: System specification.
    upload_2022-5-26_11-51-1.png

Attached Files:

7. disturb160

disturb160

I also can't get it to work.

Kernel: 5.17.11-300.fc36.x86_64
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3450U with Radeon Vega M
    GPU: AMD ATI Radeon Vega Series / Radeon

If I run the application I get a black screen
    upload_2022-5-29_17-27-46.png

I get this error in the terminal:

ERROR: Licensing SDK logging callback is not registered. Please use 'registerLoggingAdapter' function from the SDK to do so

And if I run it as
    sudo unityhub
    :

libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)

8. nikofon007

nikofon007

Same error with fedora 36 cinnamon

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same error for me.

10. Dominic8831

Dominic8831

Same error but on ubuntu when running sudo unityhub --no-sandbox
    I used the --no-sandbox argument because of another error i got when running without that argument
    FATAL:electron_main_delegate.cc(252)] Running as root without --no-sandbox is not supported. See https://crbug.com/638180

Think I am going to have to give up trying to use unity on linux for now...

Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

11. bretternst

bretternst

On Fedora36, try this:

sudo dnf install openssl1.1 openssl-libs

fjolne and nikofon007 like this.
  12. nikofon007

nikofon007

Now the hub launches and shows login screen,
    upload_2022-6-9_7-26-53.png
    but neither "sign in" nor "create account" buttons do anything.
    This is what the console shows
    upload_2022-6-9_7-26-15.png

Attached Files:

13. Duathphoenix

Duathphoenix

I have the exact same error does anyone have a solution for this ?

14. calebaden

calebaden

I was also getting a blank screen when launching unityhub. I tried to run it with sudo and got
    'FATAL:electron_main_delegate.cc(252)] Running as root without --no-sandbox is not supported'

So I just ran unityhub with --no-sandbox and it started just fine (without sudo!). I still get the electron security warnings but I can login and install an editor.
    I installed unityhub from the AUR.

15. ADustyOldMuffin

ADustyOldMuffin

I have the exact same issue as well, I looked for an example app-update.yml with no luck to just try and resolve the issue. I did manage to download and manually activate a version of Unity without the hub. A pain, but it works. I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere.

16. hansakatennakoon4

hansakatennakoon4

17. The_Blog

The_Blog

Does anybody have some new info on this? I sadly fail on the sign-in button of the first screen. Pressing it just does nothing...

I installed the old Openssl version in case that was a problem (dnf install openssl1.1 openssl-libs), I used the --no-sandbox option, I tried the stable and beta version, I specified the LIBVA option (LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=amdgpu). But nothing seemed to help. :/

If there are no new fixes, is it by any chance possible to activate a public licence and start unity through the console bypassing the hub? I did manage to install the newest Unity version through the old AppImage hub. Just the licencing won't work.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022