Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

install on device

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by creat327, Jul 31, 2013.

1. creat327

creat327

Hi there,
    Silly question but I see nothing on the faq or quick start guide.
    When I hit "build and run", the compiled bar file doesn't install on the device. Instead, my windows 8 machine asks me which program I want to use to open it.

Do i need a specific software installed so that it copies over the device? The device is plugged in, on local mode, all certificates and ip address set up. It is just that it seems the generated file stays on my pc and doesn't transfer over. Instead it asks me which program i want to use to open the generated file.

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The docs have some steps that you can use to manually install the bar on the device, see:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/bb10-faq.html

It's probably worth trying to install manually, since it may highlight what or when Windows throws up the prompt. The tools needed to deploy to the device are included in the Unity installer.

3. Trilusion

Trilusion

4. GlutenFreeGames

GlutenFreeGames

Im on OSX and didnt have to install Blacberry Link. Just fyi

5. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

@creat327 - our guy with a Windows 8 machine says he just tried it and says he gets the pop up but that the *.bar still deploys to the device. We'll add that to the known issue list and work on make it less cantankerous. Can you double check and see if it does indeed push to the phone for you? If not, please submit a bug and we'll look into it pronto.

@ AppHappyStudios - recommend you install BlackBerry Link. It's how BlackBerry pushes firmware updates to you. I've found it to be pretty useful in doing lots of little tasks.