Search Unity

Install failing on CentOS7

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by jmorrissey, Dec 11, 2019.

1. jmorrissey

jmorrissey

Trying to install on a freshly built CentOS 7 box (7.7.1908) using installer from website but it keeps failing.

Installer version reports as "Unity Accelerator v0.1.450+g1859fd6 --- Built on 2019-11-20 19:28:35 IB: 19.10.0-201910151836"

I have run installer in both CLI and GUI modes but get same result, after answering prompts installer puts message up saying it is starting install then fails a few seconds later.

Looking in the installer log it looks like it trying to shut a service down that it hasn't installed yet! any ideas why this is happening or are there additional switches that need to be set? I am only using "----storagedir"

I have also tried disabling Selinux but I get the same result. Installer log below.

Log started 12/10/2019 at 17:41:39
    Preferred installation mode : gtk
    Trying to init installer in mode gtk
    Trying to init installer in mode gtk
    Trying to init installer in mode xwindow
    Trying to init installer in mode text
    Mode text successfully initialized
    Preparing to Install
    [17:42:15] Ready to install: existing= adb=1 v1=1 v2=1 collab=0 npm=/usr/bin/npm
    Executing service unity-accelerator stop
    Script exit code: 5

Script output:

Script stderr:
    Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stop unity-accelerator.service
    Failed to stop unity-accelerator.service: Unit unity-accelerator.service not loaded.

Error running service unity-accelerator stop: Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stop unity-accelerator.service
    Failed to stop unity-accelerator.service: Unit unity-accelerator.service not loaded.
    [17:42:15] Error running service unity-accelerator stop: Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stop unity-accelerator.service
    [17:42:16] Unknown error executing action
    Executing /opt/Unity/accelerator/unity-accelerator tool cdp --persist /data0/unity_cache default InstallerCompletion linux-x64 false "Installer Aborted" production 0 1 1
    Script exit code: 127

Script output:

Script stderr:
    /bin/sh: /opt/Unity/accelerator/unity-accelerator: No such file or directory

Error running /opt/Unity/accelerator/unity-accelerator tool cdp --persist /data0/unity_cache default InstallerCompletion linux-x64 false "Installer Aborted" production 0 1 1: /bin/sh: /opt/Unity/accelerator/unity-accelerator: No such file or directory

2. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Hi @jmorrissey ,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, this has been identified as a bug with the Accelerator installer on CentOS platforms. Our development teams are currently investigating. Please bear with me and I will keep you updated.

3. antifuzz

antifuzz

Hi @hiepu3d is there any update on this yet? It would be good to get some idea of whether a fix is in the near future so we can decide whether to wait or try an alternative OS. (I work with OP @jmorrissey ^^ )

4. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Hi @antifuzz, the bug is being fixed and it should be done by the next release. If you need an accelerator working soon, please feel free to use an alternative OS. Also, if you use a Linux distro, please make sure you install with root access as this is required by our installation wizard. More information about installing on Linux can be found here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/accelerator-options.784514/

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

What is this accelerator about?

I contemplate switching to CentOS7 soon since Windows 7 will no longer be supported by Microsoft very soon (14th January). Will I be able to install the Hub and Unity without this accelerator?

6. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Deleted User likes this.
  7. antifuzz

antifuzz

Thanks @hiepu3d Do you have an ETA for the next release though? Are we talking days, weeks or months?

8. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

@antifuzz, there has been a new release for the Accelerator with the fix for the bug above. You can find more about it here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-accelerator-release-notes.806523/

When you run on Linux distro, please make sure service console utility is installed as it is used to control the unity-accelerator service. More information about it can be found here: service and systemctl.

On CentOS, during the installation, there has been another bug that causes the installation bar to stop halfway. From investigation, the service seems to be installed and running normally but the installation wizard would not finish on its own. You can use the service console utility or check the log file to make sure the accelerator is running in the background before closing the unfinished installation wizard. This will be prioritized for the next release and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

9. antifuzz

antifuzz

10. bradunity

bradunity

antifuzz likes this.