Search Unity

Question Install Failed: Validation Failed

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Spectated, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Spectated

Spectated

Been getting this problem constantly, I looked through some earlier forum posts and found several people recommending I restart the application with administrative permissions, but none of it has worked. Already found several people with this problem, but not a single answer. How do I fix this?

Update:
    I managed to fix the problem by deleting the installation, then re-downloading the file. Seemed to be some bug making it think that there was a validation error in an already downloaded file. Make sure to delete the file, close the app down, and reopen it in administrative mode before downloading just in case, as there may have been a problem in adding the download while out of admin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  2. hunter-graves

hunter-graves

just hit this problem and resolved it by navigating to the directory listed in the Downloads location, opening it up in finder, and installing the package directly. Then I selected the editor that I just installed using the Locate feature. Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 12.15.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 12.23.02 PM.png

After I located the editor I was able to create a new Lego Tutorial project and the editor started verifying, resolving packages, and importing assets :D

Thank you so much for sharing your solution btw, it helped me out a lot =]

3. Mewo_Catboy

Mewo_Catboy

Still doesn't work for me..

4. KumarTony

KumarTony