Search Unity

Question Install failed: Installation Failed (Unity Hub 3.4.1)

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by JNWJ, Jan 18, 2023.

1. JNWJ

JNWJ

upload_2023-1-18_12-16-50.png

When I try install Unity 2021.3.16f1, the editor application will not install. This error will also appear if I try to install any other versions of unity.
    It will show Install failed: Installation Failed

If I try to install it through the archive, it will prompt me Enter Safe Mode due to compilation errors.
    Internal build system error. Backend exited with code 2
    Internal build system error. Backend exited with code -1073740791

I have enough storage and RAM, I also have uninstalled everything and restarted my PC. I also have tried all the existing solutions on the internet, and even tried deleting files in the project, but it did not solve the issue.

Any help is appreciated
    cheers!

sketchychen likes this.
  2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

We are also having the same issues, has anyone found a reasonable work around? We are attempting to install via archive as hub seems to not be working right now on latest release

sketchychen likes this.
  3. JNWJ

JNWJ

Is it an issue on unity’s end? Or is it an issue on our end?

4. TG-jkhoo

TG-jkhoo

I'm also seeing this same behavior. When I looked at the Unity Hub's info-log.json, I saw:

I have an open ticket with Unity support (IN-28478) but no reply.

My only workaround was to install an older version of Unity Hub that I found on https://web.archive.org/web/20230000000000*/https://unity.com/download

Lars-Steenhoff and sketchychen like this.
  5. ClpsPLUG

ClpsPLUG

I don't know if this is the same error as OP's Unity Hub, but I've also been unable to install Unity Hub for the past months.

I'm on macOS 12.6.3 and Unity Hub 3.4.1, and the editor (any version of 2021.3 LTS, I haven't tried other versions) refuses to install with the same error on the UI.
    • It seems mac-dependent, meaning that some Macs can install Unity Editors without issues, but some Macs (absolutely) cannot.
    • Some lines in the error log say "ENAMETOOLONG." Unless there are some restrictions on whatever framework Unity uses to make Unity Hub, I reckon this is an extra weird error for an end-user to get, mainly because I am on macOS, in which path lengths don't become an issue that often.
    • Installation failed. Reason: Error: Error while installing the editor 2021.3.17f1-arm64 : Error: spawn ENAMETOOLONG
    I think I've tried everything that most support teams would expect me to do without any luck:
    • Reinstalling Unity Hub
    • Deleting absolutely everything related to Unity in the Library folders, a macOS equivalent of %APPDATA% directory in Windows, before reinstalling Unity Hub again
    • Using the manual installation (i.e., pkg files.) This works, but since you cannot add modules to Unity Editors installed this way, this is not the way to go. I need IL2CPP support for macOS.
    • Disabling antivirus.
    • Restarting the entire computer.
    • Installing any OS updates that may be pending.
    I reported this problem to Unity (IN-27972), but they simply instructed me to do the 'delete absolutely everything related to Unity' part and closed the issue as Not Qualified.

orian-vak likes this.
  6. JNWJ

JNWJ

Yep. Around the same issue, had to factory reset my entire computer to fix this, still do not know why it did not work.

7. boski04

boski04

Workaround for me was downloading the unity version manually via Unity Archive.
    -> Open Unity App directly (located in Application folder)
    -> Should open Unity Hub containing the Editor Version you just downloaded

8. ClpsPLUG

ClpsPLUG

I just got a reply from Unity; I should have been using the Unity Download Assistant ("Unity Installer" in the download archive.) I have been using the "Unity Editor" download link (I wanted the Apple Silicon version) instead, which caused all sort of problems imaginable. The download assistant installs the Intel version, but you should be able to install it without issue.

xpressionz likes this.
  9. SpencerAtVirtuix

SpencerAtVirtuix

For anyone still having this issue the fix for me was changing my Windows environment variable "ComSpec" to "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe". Not sure how it happened but Unity changed this value to the location of the NDK in one of the engine installs at some point. From my understanding this should always be the "cmd.exe" location so I am not sure why or how it got changed.

favox likes this.
  10. luiz_unity244

luiz_unity244

This issue is still ongoing in Unity Hub 3.4.2. As well as the Download failed SSL Cipher function error. This makes Unity look really bad in my eyes. Years of not addressing real issues.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  11. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Unity Hub 3.5...what a mess...Getting: Download failed: read ECONNRESET & Install failed: Installation Failed...so tired of this...Lookup UnityLauncherPro the best alternative thus far.

12. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

same problem on mac m1 with hub 3.5, failed.

An older version of the hub can complete the download, so it's a hub 3.5 problem

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
  13. Jamedie_Wonder

Jamedie_Wonder

Yes, thanks, it work !

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  14. cabbit7978

cabbit7978

I am having issues installing the latest Unity 2022.3.16f1. Already unistall and rebooted my PC and it does not fo the trick. Already contact customer service as well but the average return timeframe is 2 months lol.

I also read the comments above but I am bit scared to do anything requiring a coding change (Windows Command Processor) or deep change on my PC since I am not tech/coding savy.

If anyone has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated because I need Unity for a Game Dev workshop in less than 2 days.

upload_2024-1-4_12-58-35.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  15. JNWJ

JNWJ

My friend also had an issue the same issue a while back and my lecturer also could not fix it.

he had to also reset his laptop. If you have tried every method you can know, Your best bet is probably factory your device.

16. Prince12_

Prince12_

did you find any solution if yes let me know that would help me a lot

17. MIkeyUSC

MIkeyUSC

I fixed it by disabling firewall and exiting malwarebytes

May be worth doing the same by disabling any antivirus/antimalware/firewall temporarily until the install is done

DragoSpiro98 likes this.
  18. DragoSpiro98

DragoSpiro98

This fixed my problem. Thanks