Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Inspiration: Leap Motion 3D Jam

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by hypeNate, Dec 16, 2014.

1. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

If you haven't already, you should browse through the gallery of submissions for the Leap Motion 3D Jam:

http://itch.io/jam/leapmotion3djam

There are tons and tons of cool Unity projects represented, exploring how to integrate Leap Motion into a VR environment. Make sure to vote & rate your favorites, because the winners will be awarded some cool prizes.

And if you participated in this jam, please share your experience: lessons learned, tips, tricks, etc!

Thomas-Pasieka likes this.
  2. Arowx

Arowx

3. LaneFox

LaneFox

Some of those look really cool!

I got the Leap kit but haven't tried it attached to the Rift yet. I basically just did some tests and had a lot of trouble getting consistent results with it. Latency was surprisingly good but it seems to struggle with losing the hand shape and recovering afterwards when you do certain movements. Maybe the software will grow to improve this over time.

I definitely want to look at some of those demos though. Looks like some really cool experiments in there!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  4. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

I had a lot of trouble with tracking on the Leap initially and one that thing that helped (but didn't completely fix the issues) was to actually go through the calibration steps. Might be worth trying if you haven't already.

unityunity