Search Unity

Inspiration for citybuilder game

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by gilles-meiresonne, Dec 11, 2018.

1. gilles-meiresonne

gilles-meiresonne

Hallo,

I am working on a game and I want to make a city builder. I have already programmed the basics (road system, building placement etc) but now I have to make a critical disign choice. To make this choice I wanted some feedback from other gamers and gamedevolopers who are familiar (or not familiar) with this genre and hear what they havent seen in this genre and would really want to see happen in a city builder game.

For the moment the only thing that is certain is that the game will be a 2D isometric game (like the old school simcity but modernised). This is a screenshot of the current game, art is temporary and will change.
    I also would like to have some PvE elements like 'RimWorld' or 'They are billions'.

If you have any suggestion please leave a comment or write something on the discord of the game (https://discord.gg/8NBTUkn).

Ps if you want to by join my project just leave a message on the discord.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. FYI: do you have any concrete game design questions? Because if you don't, your post probably fit more in the WIP or in the Made with Unity sections. Also your screenshot isn't working, try to upload the image on the forum directly. (You can edit your post by clicking on the edit text at the bottom of your post)

3. gilles-meiresonne

gilles-meiresonne

Just overall direction of the game. Like focus (trafic, city design, combat...), setting (historic, present, post-apoc) and gerenal gameplay. I think the WIP section would be better fit then.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

Very generalized request.
    Same I give very generalized answer.
    Look for an inspiration in Simcity 2000.

5. one_one

one_one

Isn't choosing that yourself one of the main draws of making a game?

Yup.