Search Unity

Question Inspectors are disabled when plugin versions mismatch to prevent data corruption

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by AnsisMalins, Feb 13, 2022.

1. AnsisMalins

AnsisMalins

I updated from 1.7.6 to 1.7.7, and it tells me "Inspectors are disabled when plugin versions mismatch to prevent data corruption" when I try to open any graphs. What is the correct course of action here?

2. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Did you try restarting the editor?

DhiaSendi likes this.
  3. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

Normally, clicking on the Generate button for custom inspector Properties should fix the issue in most cases.

Just go in Edit > Project Settings. In the Project Settings window, select Visual Scripting and click on the Generate button in the Custom Inspector Properties section.
    upload_2022-3-9_19-54-19.png

You should be all set.

4. imjustthatguy1

imjustthatguy1

I am getting the same error, and clicking Generate throws more errors. This has been happening since I upgraded to 2021.

upload_2022-3-10_10-15-22.png

5. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

This is another issue related to new input system API updates. If you are using VisualScripting 1.7.7, you should be able to fix this issue by adding/updating the new input system package to 1.2.0 or higher.

6. imjustthatguy1

imjustthatguy1

My input system is at 1.3.0. which is higher than 1.2.0... what gives
    upload_2022-3-10_12-15-37.png

7. imjustthatguy1

imjustthatguy1

I removed the rebinding ui samples and the errors in the console disappeared, however clicking generate doesnt bring the state machine back up. I restarted the editor and my machine and am on 2021.2.14f1

8. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

Do you have other errors? Sometime, when rebuilding the nodes to fix code generation pointing on missing api and after, rebuilding the inspector will fix it. If the error come from visual scripting.

9. imjustthatguy1

imjustthatguy1

I don't see any errors. I tried the generate button, restarting, then generate, regenerate nodes, and fixing missing scripts. None of that has worked.

It seems like theres a lot of bandages for this visual scripting tool that dont fix anything. I think its something that should be reported to the development team as Im stuck without access to the state machine.

10. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

You can report a bug and attach the project. We will be able to look at it.

11. imjustthatguy1

imjustthatguy1

So I resolved the issue months ago by somehow downgrading my visual scripting tool to 1.7.6. However I had to reinstall unity recently and as a result it updated it 1.7.8, resulting in the same error. I forgot how to downgrade packages, can you please show me how to do so? This was how I resolved this.

12. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

I would strongly suggest you to send a bug report so we can repro and fix this issue.

Make a copy of your project before doing anything, it is not suggested to manually downgrade.

You will need to open the file manifest.json in your project package folder. On the line

"com.unity.visualscripting": "1.7.8",

change the value to the version you need.
    "com.unity.visualscripting": "1.7.6",

13. solkyoshiro

solkyoshiro

Having the same issue as OP. I'll downgrade and see what happens. It's a really annoying bug.

14. avishkachanuka

avishkachanuka

It works to me

ashutoshshrivastava likes this.
  15. Hossam_J

Hossam_J

It works! thanks!