Search Unity

Inspector options grayed out

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SympaK, Jun 30, 2020.

1. SympaK

SympaK

Hi. I imported an fbx with materials and textures assigned already from the app (I guess they are the ones in the "element 0, 1, 2" boxes), but in the inspector I cannot assign any textures to each material, 'cause the latter are grayed out. What's wrong?

Attached Files:

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Probably nothing. There are a lot of things you can't change on the FBX where it's imported, because those things are defined by the file itself. Just make a prefab out of it (stored in a different place in the project assets), and on that you can assign whatever property changes you want.

3. SympaK

SympaK

Hi. When I drop a texture directly upon the mesh, the latest material I selected becomes editable and I can assign all the textures to the slots, but the other 2 materials become named like the one which was selected. As you see, the method set for the project is hdrp/lit: if I change it to normal, the mesh becomes all pink and no texture is visible anymore. Another thing which baffles me is that with the previous versions of Unity there was no hassles like these: I had already the slots free and not grayed out.

4. SympaK

SympaK

The variant doesn't work either.

5. SympaK

SympaK

BUMP. Any help please?

6. SympaK

SympaK

This is the answer, for anybody who could encounter my same probs. Wonder why the worflow became so cumbersome.