Search Unity

Inspector locking every time upon entering play mode / saving scripts

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ApocFI, Feb 13, 2019.

1. ApocFI

ApocFI

Since updating to Unity 2018.3.3f1, I've had this issue: Every time I enter play mode or make code changes, the inspector gets locked and displays an avatar (different avatars, haven't found a pattern which one it picks but it's not random) and the configure avatar-button, much like if you press the done-button in the rig view.

This isn't indended behaviour, is it? It's starting to gnaw me slowly, I have to spend a lot of time unlocking the inspector.

I also started using animator override controllers recently, could it be the cause?

mcaley and kanyvr1701 like this.
  2. kanyvr1701

kanyvr1701

3. ApocFI

ApocFI

I have the feeling that the locking is intended after configuring the avatar (I think). But I don't think this should happen each time you update the code, or do enter the play mode. I probably should file a bug report for this, but can't produce it outside my current project, which I'm not willing to share for debugging purposes.

Out of interest kanyvr1701, do you use some animation assets? Maybe it's animation asset related.

4. danUnity

danUnity

I have the same issue... Really annoying and it happens all the time when going to play mode and back...

5. Shihira

Shihira

Vullefort likes this.
  6. mcaley

mcaley

I'm having this same issue on 2018.4.1 - any known solutions?

7. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

This was happening to me as well and was quite annoying. Deleting the asset with the avatar, closing, and then restoring from source control fixed the issue. For me it was always the same avatar - an avatar I had randomly decided I wanted to inspect when I was looking through some old animations.