Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Inspector indentation bug

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Sarkahn, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

Hello, I was making a CustomPropertyDrawer and now somehow any custom script I create has incorrect indentation, even on completely new projects.

Here is a script in a blank 2018.3.0f2 project, line added to illustrate:

And here is the same script in a blank 2019.1.0a10 project:

In the 2019 versions all variables - including the default unity "Script" field are indented.

The script does nothing, it just has fields, and there are no other scripts in the scene. I've tried it in a blank project in alpha 12 and get the same indenting.

Since it's not connected to anything in the project or any specific alpha version I have no idea how to fix it and it's driving me crazy. Or am I just completely dumb and this is how it's always been in the alpha versions?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  2. Please submit a bug report (Help/Report a Bug...) and post the case number here (don't post a fogbugz URL because you would expose your other bug reports with all information in the past and in the future). Also please upload the screenshots in the forum post instead of the imgur links, so we can see them initially, you can even embed the images or their thumbnails in your post. You can edit your post by hitting the Edit link at the bottom of it.

3. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

Okay, I've embedded the images. I haven't filed a bug report since I have no idea how to reproduce it, I only noticed it randomly after I had been working on my PropertyDrawer for a long time. Even new completely empty projects have the bug, so I can't experiment to figure out what I did (if anything) to cause it, all I know is I was making a PropertyDrawer with indenting. Since the issue now persists even in projects without my property drawer I'm not sure what I can do to reproduce it.