Search Unity

inspector gizmo problems (deselecting on their own)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by priceap, Jun 6, 2009.

1. priceap

priceap

I sent in a report on this because it is happening consistently to me now, but I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else (using XP and 2.5).

The editor always worked fine until now that I have started experimenting with the networking functions.

Basically all I have to do is run the "connectGUI.js" script as found in the unity networking example project, intialize the scene as a server when in play mode, and then after that whenever I try to edit a value in the inspector (no matter what object is selected) or try to move a gizmo transform handle in the scene view, the active object deselects itself as soon as I click - so I cannot edit any values unless I restart unity and then if I run the network script it starts all over again.

Does anything happen like to this to others? or is it something peculiar to my own system?

thanks for any insight
    ap

EDIT>> I discovered further this happens only if I stop the scene without hitting "disconnect" on the GUI button in the scene. If I restart the scene, connect and then disconnect, then stop - the problem goes away! Still, that seems like an odd thing to have happen.

2. amherst

amherst

I'm having the same problem running 2.5 on Mac OSX. I didn't trace it as far as you did... that it only happens after stopping the scene without hitting "disconnect". Perhaps the server is still running? I'll see what I can find. If anybody else out there has a quick fix, that'd be great.

3. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

Could you please report a bug on this? (In Unity->Help menu -> Report a problem)

Bye, Lucas

4. impla007

impla007

Hi there,

I am having exactly the same problem, boring to work with it. Is there a fix I missed somewhere ?

Bye

Georges

5. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

Any progress on this bug? It's been almost a year, and i am REALLY tired of hunting stuff down in the heirarchy.

6. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

Any progress on this bug? It's been almost a year, and i am REALLY tired of hunting stuff down in the heirarchy.