Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

InputSystem and Cinemachine packages missing assembly references to Unity.ugui

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by EdRowlett-Barbu, May 15, 2019.

1. EdRowlett-Barbu

EdRowlett-Barbu

You'll find these packages won't work with your project in 2019.2.0b1

The package maintainers know about the issue (at least InputSystem people do). In the meantime, you can change the cached packages asmdef files to include the reference

For anyone getting missing class UI in namespace UnityEngine error when using these packages, below is the fix.

In %appdata%/local/unity/cache/packages/staging-packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@<version>/Editor\Cinemachine.Editor.asmdef

in the "references" section add "Unity.ugui"

After that, uninstall then reinstall the cinemachine package from the package manager. Same for InputSystem.

The InputSystem project knows about it, found this bug report on github. Don't know about the Cinemachine guys (or any other packages that did not update their dependencies to include the new Unity.ugui assembly) https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/InputSystem/pull/603

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. h0neyfr0g

h0neyfr0g

Hey Bud!

I ran into this problem yesterday! But this solution seems to have already been implemented by the DEVs? And Unityengine.Inputsystem still wont show up in Visual Studio... Has there been any further updates regarding this?

Thanks!

3. EdRowlett-Barbu

EdRowlett-Barbu

Did you try updating to latest unity version? Afraid i don't have any other ideas

4. h0neyfr0g

h0neyfr0g

Unfortunately I have... The last option would be to try 2019.3 beta, but I'd prefer to wait for the true release for that. Thanks for your help tho

5. EdRowlett-Barbu

EdRowlett-Barbu

2019.3 is out of beta though. I'm confused why you're not using that?

6. h0neyfr0g

h0neyfr0g

7. EdRowlett-Barbu

EdRowlett-Barbu

I see, strange. Maybe it's mislabeled? But I have that installed. Try it.

upload_2019-12-18_21-24-52.png

8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This is indeed a bug in the Hub version that you're using. Restart the Hub to update it and it will be displayed in the pre-release category.

EdRowlett-Barbu likes this.