Search Unity

InputSystem actions not running, errors in console

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Fewes, May 7, 2020.

1. Fewes

Fewes

Hi there! I just started testing the new Input System and it looks really solid with how actions are set up. However, I can't get them to run at all. I've tried both the "Send Messages" and "Invoke C Sharp Events" behaviours to no avail.

When I run my project, I get this error in the console:

Code (CSharp):
    1. BYTE state must be byte-aligned
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputManager:OnNativeDeviceDiscovered(Int32, String)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyDeviceDiscovered(Int32, String)
    4. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:Update(NativeInputUpdateType)
    5. UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes(Type[])
    Additionally, when I open the Input Debugger for my device (a joystick), the editor lags like crazy and these errors are spammed in the console:

Code (CSharp):
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass10_0:<set_onBeforeUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyBeforeUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType)
    Code (CSharp):
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType, NativeInputEventBuffer*)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType, IntPtr)
    Any ideas? I'm on Unity 2019.3.13f1 and using the stable 1.0.0 release of the Input System from the package manager. Thanks!

Edit:
    Gave re-importing the library folder a shot. Still get the same errors.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  2. sa_123

sa_123

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to run a VR test project and it was working fine, Suddenly I got such error. If anyone know how to fix this, please help and thanks in advanced

3. John-G

John-G

Also getting the same Issue:

Code (CSharp):
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.NativeInputRuntime/<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0 (UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputUpdateType,UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputEventBuffer*)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate (UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputUpdateType,intptr)
    4. UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (System.Type[])
    Have removed the New Input System and re-imported with no luck. Still runs OK, but annoying having these errors every time I hit Play.