Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

InputSystem actions not running, errors in console

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Fewes, May 7, 2020.

1. Fewes

Fewes

Hi there! I just started testing the new Input System and it looks really solid with how actions are set up. However, I can't get them to run at all. I've tried both the "Send Messages" and "Invoke C Sharp Events" behaviours to no avail.

When I run my project, I get this error in the console:

Code (CSharp):
    1. BYTE state must be byte-aligned
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputManager:OnNativeDeviceDiscovered(Int32, String)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyDeviceDiscovered(Int32, String)
    4. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:Update(NativeInputUpdateType)
    5. UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes(Type[])
    Additionally, when I open the Input Debugger for my device (a joystick), the editor lags like crazy and these errors are spammed in the console:

Code (CSharp):
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass10_0:<set_onBeforeUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyBeforeUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType)
    Code (CSharp):
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType, NativeInputEventBuffer*)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType, IntPtr)
    Any ideas? I'm on Unity 2019.3.13f1 and using the stable 1.0.0 release of the Input System from the package manager. Thanks!

Edit:
    Gave re-importing the library folder a shot. Still get the same errors.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
unityunity