Search Unity

InputFields used to select all on focus BY DEFAULT, but no longer do?

Discussion in 'Android' started by andrewhoke, Aug 14, 2019.

1. andrewhoke

andrewhoke

In previous versions of my application (oldest versions build from Unity 5.4.4, now built from 2018.3.1), by default, InputFields would select all text when focused on all devices the app was deployed to (Samsung tablets and Sony phones). At some point around the beginning of July, this behavior ceased and I'm now receiving complaints about this unexpected change in behavior. Note that the select all behavior continues to work correctly when I play the app in the Editor, which suggests to me that the issue lies on the Android player side of things.

Web searches point to the only solution being to extend the default InputField and invoke SelectAll() on focus, but, given that select all used to be a by-default behavior and now is not, I'm hoping this is either a bug, the result of an update to either Unity or Android, or a toggleable behavior for which I have not found the toggle.

Any information would be most helpful as I would rather not have to replace every single InputField in my application, which is quite large.

2. andrewhoke

andrewhoke