Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

InputField issues

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Gary_Thomas128, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

I have a simple scene with a UI InputField. When I run (via the editor), I get duplicates of very character I type, e.g. I type "this is a test" and the field gets "tthhiiss aa tteesstt"

I've tried the same project/scene on MacOS and is works correctly in the editor and when I build a stand-alone application.

I've tested this program (built executables for) on Linux, MacOS and Android. It runs correctly on MacOS and Android, but on Linux I can never type into the input field :-(

2. fjalla

fjalla

Sounds like Unity is taking input from to source at once. Try unsetting GTK_IM_MODULE before launching Unity, like so:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. unset GTK_IM_MODULE
    2. /opt/Unity/Editor/Unity
    Btw, what distro do you run, and how did you install Unity? If you're using Unity from the AUR then the launch script already does that for you, and the problem may be laying there.

3. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

I don't have that set in my environment. I also get the same results either running Unity from the command line (as above) or when launched by KDE.

I'm running KUbuntu 14.04 (basically Ubuntu 14.04 with KDE desktop preinstalled)

4. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

To be clear, I installed using the automatic packaging from unity-editor-5.1.0f3+2015090301_amd64.deb

5. Gary_Thomas128

Gary_Thomas128

Seems to be fixed in the 2015-09-15 update