Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

InputField issue

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by RustyFlash, Feb 10, 2015.

1. RustyFlash

RustyFlash

Got a couple of inputField issues.

Just compiled my project to Xcode and ran on device (iPhone) and am noticing that inputFields are no longer working. When tapped on, the caret does not appear and nor does the keyboard to allow typing. The field itself gains focus (as shown by the colour changing), and tapping another inputField will also gain focus (though without the previous losing focus). This all works fine in the editor

Also, if an inputField is a component of a scroll view (only tested in Editor) and the caret is visible, moving the scroll view up and down will result in the caret being visible when out of the area of the mask. ie. it is never masked and remains visible even when other elements are hidden on the pane.

Does anyone else get the same problems (1st one of main concern atm)?

2. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

I had a similar problem with InputFields with the last few patches on 4.6 (I think 4.6p4 fixed it), I imagine the 5 Beta isn't entirely up to date with the patched versions of 4.6.
    In short, hopefully will be in an upcoming beta/RC.

3. Caio_Lib

Caio_Lib

4. RustyFlash

RustyFlash

Hopefully it is a bug that has crept in and not an issue with my code?

Fingers crossed.