Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Input System Tablet Support, help getting started

Discussion in 'Input System' started by GDTyron, Jul 21, 2020.

1. GDTyron

GDTyron

I have trouble understanding the Input System Manager when it comes to the functionality of tablet devices. Let's say, I have a Wacom tablet with a pen I want to track on a plane that's the metrics as the tablet interface 16:9. How does one track the pen position and add the pen in the first place?
    The documentation seems outdated in their examples of code because they're using
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine.Experimental.Input;
    instead of using
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEngine.InputSystem;
    which was the first mistake I made while learning from the documentation.
    How can I use the pen when the only thing I got right is
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var MyWacomPen = InputSystem.AddDevice<Pen>();
    and how do I go from there?

2. GDTyron

GDTyron

Nevermind, I have found all I needed in the ButtonControl.cs file in the packages folder for InputSystem. This thread counts as closed.