Search Unity

Question Input System Rebind not detecting single key

Discussion in 'Input System' started by deltagiac, Jan 14, 2022.

1. deltagiac

deltagiac

Hello,

Ive created an ingame rebind menu using the sample Rebinding UI package. Everything seems to work fine, I'm able to rebind every key from the keyboard and mouse. The only issue is that for some reason I cannot rebind any actions to accept the "E" key. Whenever I try to, the prompt to rebind appears and when I press E the prompt disappears as if it accepted the input, however the keybinding remains the same. The text doesn't update and the game doesn't use the E key as it should.

While making this rebinding menu I followed a tutorial that modified the script, including adding lines of code to prevent rebinding keys including escape, lmb and rmb, however I don't think these changes are conflict or causing the issue as whenever I try to input those keys the rebind prompt doesn't disappear (as it does with the E key)

This bug occurs both in editor & in builds and doesn't through any errors in the console. Additionally if I set a key to use E from the actual Control script, the rebind displays it as the default key, but once its rebound I cannot set it back to E unless I reset the binding. I'm not sure where to proceed from here.

I'm using Input System v. 1.3.0

Any help is much appreciated!

Manufactory likes this.
  2. Manufactory

Manufactory

Same issue. Also no positive result trying default package in empty project.

3. thiskidcalledtom

thiskidcalledtom

I am having the same problem. all keys work except the "E" Key for what ever reason. Anyone found a fix yet?

Razputin likes this.
  4. Garfounkel

Garfounkel

Razputin likes this.