Search Unity

Input System Package Incorrect Version number?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by JohnBrindle, Jan 14, 2020.

1. JohnBrindle

JohnBrindle

I’m reaching out to anyone who can help.

I have project I have been working on for a while, but have an issue with the version number for the package ‘Input System’. If I open package manager ‘Package Manager UI 2.2.0’ in ‘Unity 2019.2.17f1’ and search for the ‘Input System’ it shows package version ‘preview – 0.3.0’? See pic below...

7710D26D-E7E7-48A3-9CB9-0FFD5A2CA2E5.jpeg

I noticed the incorrect version number when I created a new blank project and did the same only to find the version ‘preview .3 – 1.0.0’ See pic below

6EC1FD64-39D2-46FE-9A3C-A9693A2F829A.jpeg

i have reset the package manager, I have removed ‘Input System’ restarted unity and tried importing again. I’ve also tried copying the package from test project, but all the packages all just seem to be held in the same Unity folder. Also I cannot even find the ‘Input System’ package in the local Unity folder where the other packages are held, true I don’t really know what I’m doing even if I did find the package.

If anyone can give me some help on how best to get the latest version of ‘Input System’ in my current Project would be a great help, as I’m unable to continue with my project.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. Adrian

Adrian

Do you have the repository set to
    https://staging-packages.unity.com
    in your
    Packages/manifest.json
    ?

The staging repository is now defunct, does not get any updates and its Input System version is stuck at 0.3.0. If so, just remove the registry line and the updates should show up in the package manager.

3. JohnBrindle

JohnBrindle

Hi Adrian, sorry for the late reply. But I got round the issue, but creating a new Project and copying all my assets across. Not the best solution, but got me so I could carry on.
    I will check out what you said on my old project just for interest.
    Thanks

unityunity